Jun 7, 2011

Tuesday Talk



One thing I like about living in this city is that we can do so many things for fun that don't cost us money. The other day we went to the petting zoo at a local farm and the park, today I went for a walk window shopping then we took the kids to the children's library. It is just so nice to have so many options available to us. And I can't wait to take the girls to the museums and such. Even just stopping by family's house for a quick visit in the sun is fun.

I have been working on new ways of dealing with Princess Belle and her issues. I am trying to use positive reinforcement and show her that doing the right things have so much better results than doing the wrong things. I think it is working as she seems to be responding and noticing the difference.

Supper tonight for me was a vegetarian concoction that I came up with involving cabbage and mushrooms and red peppers. The recipe isn't perfected yet. For the family it was a simple dinner that everyone likes of pork chops and fries. Prince Charming liked how I did the chops and I told him it was simple. I heated up my cast iron frying pan, put a little vegetable oil in it and the put the chops in and seasoned the tops with salt, pepper and steak spice. I didn't touch them at all for about 5 minutes. Then I turned them over and did the same on the other side. The chops were thick and so when that was done, I put them in the oven to finish. It was simple and apparently, Prince Charming says I need to do it again.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Man, I haven't had porkchops in ages. Joe doesn't like them, so I never make them... But now I am scraving them with scalloped potatoes and applesauce. *lol*

http://scrapgrrl.com/

Twitter