Jun 13, 2011

How my 2 1/2 year old took years off my life, and other random bits.


When we moved into this house, the backyard was just awful. It was filled with trash, furniture, and junk. The fences were broken, a broken shed was on it's end in the middle and a tree was half down. Today a couple of guys came by to fix it. And what did they bring to fix this immense disaster??? A lawnmower. Yup, that's it. No trash bags, no tools, just a lawnmower. The spent the whole day knocking on our door asking for things. I kept thinking, you did know you were doing this when you woke me up this morning to say you were on your way, right??

Poor Princess Magpie. Yesterday after she and Princess Snifflefritz were gone to bed, she pulled a dresser and a television down on top of them both!!! It scared the heck out of us and gave her a swollen nose and some bruises on her forehead. Truthfully, it scared me too. It was a big heavy dresser and the only thing that saved her was the fact that she is a rascal and took the mattress off her sister's toddler bed. When the dresser came down, they were pinned between it and the mattress. I remember running in and trying to lift the dresser off of them. I was lifting it and holding it with one hand and pulling Princess Magpie out with the other and then Princess Snifflefritz, must have been climbing it because she was half in the dresser and I was struggling to hold the dresser up and pull her out of the drawer when the drawer above it kept falling down too. I remember yelling for help. It was horrible. It felt like forever, but was probably seconds when Prince Charming came in and helped. Princess Snifflefritz had not one bruise and wasn't even all that traumatized. Princess Magpie was completely hysterical. She cried and cried and kept talking in baby talk trying to tell us what happened. We moved the dresser and turned it around so they can't get the drawers open. Prince Charming and I spent the rest of the night listening for them and feeling shell shocked. It could have been so much worse, but it was horrible.

In a more positive light, we got a new (used) toddler bed for Princess Magpie, almost exactly the same at the one that Princess Snifflefritz has. They look so cute sleeping in their matching beds. Now they definitely have to have matching bedspreads! LOL

4 comments:

Julie said...

OMG I am glad they are okay! So scary. I would have freaked out too. Thanks for the reminder that I really should buy furniture ties to tie our stuff to the wall.

Kelly L said...

That must have been so scary - I went through the same thing kind of - it was a shopping cart - the baby was buckled in the top and my oldest climbed on the side of the basket while I was putting groceries in the car - I even had my hand on the basket - but the basket went down on the oldest and the baby with it - the baby hit her head - but thank God she was okay - Even several years later it still upsets me.... it's amazing we survive our childhoods..
I've Become My Mother
I've Become My Mother facebook
A Proud Member of Voice Boks!
Come Visit My Blog and See How You Can Join A Year Long Hop!

Julie said...

When Amanda was 2, she brought a dresser and TV down on top of herself too. The cord from the TV (which remained plugged in to the wall) is what saved her, as it stopped the TV from falling all the way. I had to lift them both up and have Jared drag Amanda out from under it. It was terrible!!!!

Glad the girls are OK!!!!!

http://scrapgrrl.com

Crazy Working Mom said...

Oh my goodness!!!! I am SO glad they are okay, and that you guys got it fixed so they can't pull it over again. Last year...last winter, I believe there was a Mommy Blogger (she wasn't someone I normally read but had saw a post on someone else's blog asking for prayers for her family) who lost a son to this very same thing! He's pulled a dresser over on himself and he died! I cannot imagine the pain, grief, guilt!!! So, you make sure that thing is strapped to the wall, or whatever you hafta do to keep those precious babies safe. :) ♥

Twitter