We had a lovely day today out with the kids enjoying the sunny weather. It seems that sunny days are just so lovely to enjoy. The best thing about being here is that there is so much to do that doesn't cost anything. Today the library was having a big too-do for the kids with games and facepainting and everything and it was completely free.
Today's supper for the family is Bacon Cheeseburger pasta. I think it will be good.
Bacon Cheeseburger Pasta
8 oz uncooked tube or spiral pasta
1 lb ground beef
6 strips bacon, diced
1 can condensed tomato soup, undiluted (I used 2 cans and about 1/2 can of water)
1 cup cheddar cheese
Cook pasta according to directions on packages. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In the same skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove with slotted spoon to paper towels. Discard drippings. Drain pasta; add to skillet. Add soup, beef and bacon, stir and heat through. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and cook until the cheese is melted. Serve with BBQ sauce and mustard if desired.
Sandy's Notes: I add 1/2 can water along with the tomato soup, makes it more moist. Definitely serve with BBQ sauce and yellow mustard. It's a strange but delicious taste sensation!
Other recipes that were requested are Easy Cordon Bleu and hamburger buns
EASY CHICKEN CORDON BLEU
6 boned chicken breasts
12 slices cooked bacon
6 thin slices Swiss cheese
1 stick butter
1 c. fine bread crumbs
Flatten chicken breasts. (I pound with a rolling pin inside a ziplock bag). Place a slice of bacon, a slice of cheese and then the other slice of bacon on the chicken. Roll up and secure with a toothpick. Melt butter in pie pan.
Roll chicken in butter, then in bread crumbs. Place in a buttered baking dish and refrigerate at least 4 hours (overnight is fine, too). Bake uncovered for 50 minutes at 400 degrees. Serves 6.
Bread Maker Hamburger Buns
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 1 eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- sesame seeds
- Add ingredients in order listed, except for the egg and 1 T. water that is for the egg wash later.
- Select dough/pasta setting when cycle is complete, remove dough from machine to a lightly floured surface.
- Divide dough into 3 equal portions, divide each portion into 6 balls.
- Turn balls in hands folding edge under to make a circle.
- Press ball flat between hands.
- Place on greased cookie sheet pressing to a 31/2 inch circle.
- Let rise 30 minutes or until double in volume.
- Combine 1 slightly beaten egg with 1 tblsp.
- water and brush on buns.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Perfect buns every time.
- Bake at 350 for about 10 minutes or until lightly brown.