Jun 18, 2011

Homeschool Conference

I just got home from the homeschool conference. It was wonderful and so refreshing. I left feeling part of a wonderful community and like I was doing pretty well with my plans. I was inspired with some things that I want to add to our homeschool and our home life in general. I won some great prizes and talked with some lovely friends. Princess Belle had a fabulous time, she got to spend all day with homeschooled kids of all ages and was completely excited. Donna Ward was one of the speakers who came in. I was so inspired by her speaking, her teaching manner and her Canadian History and Geography.

I bought a few things, won a few things, and I was so pleased to get my new favorite book of all time, "Reading With Dad". It is truly just lovely.

Oh and I almost forgot, apparently my nine year old was giving sex education classes in her "club" with the other kids that were being babysat. She talked about how babies were put in the mommy's belly and the amulant cord. She said that one girl told her that the "amulant cord" shared blood from the mommy and the baby But Princess Belle said that wasn't right. I asked her what she said it did and she said, "I didn't really say. It didn't involve how the baby got into the mommy and how it got out, so I didn't say." Oh boy. I asked her what she said and she said, "I told them about the mommy and daddy kissing naked and that puts the baby there and all that stuff." That was all I could drag out of her. I would love to have been a fly on that wall. I also want to issue an apology to all the parents of the children getting Princess Belle's Twisted Sex Education Class.

3 comments:

Jacqueline said...

LOL! You just never know what's going to come up amongest a bunch of children.

I loved that book, too. I cried when Donna read it because it reminded me of my Dad. He always read to me and instilled a love of reading in me, and I'm enjoying passing that on to my children. Anna always tells me that one of the reasons she loves me is because I read to her.

Crazy Working Mom said...

Oh dear! Children sure know how to make us red in the face don't they?!

Julie said...

I think I would have DIED... Never to return. ;)

I've never been to a homeschooling conference. Sounds like fun. :)

http://scrapgrrl.com/

Twitter