- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- Vegetable oil spray
- .75 cup heavy cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- 1.5 cups shredded sharp Cheddar (.5 of it is used to top casserole)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 by 8-inch baking dish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray the baking dish with vegetable oil spray.
- Cook the cauliflower in the microwave or on stove top with boiling water until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Drain well and pat dry between paper towels. Put the cauliflower in the baking dish and set aside.
- Bring the cream to a simmer in a small saucepan and mix in the cream cheese pieces until smooth.
- Stir in 1 cup of the cheese, salt, pepper and garlic mixing until the cheese melts.
- Pour over the cauliflower and stir to coat cauliflower.
- Top with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese and bake until browned and bubbly hot.
Serves 4-6 people