Will you have a hard time living without bread? Ooopsies are a good option. It's a "bread" without carbs and can be eaten in a variety of ways.
Makes 6-8 depending on size.
- 3 eggs
- 3.5 ounces of cream cheese
- a pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder (can be excluded)
- Separate the eggs, with the egg whites in one bowl and the egg yolks in another.
- Whip the egg whites together with the salt until very stiff. You should be able to turn the bowl over without the egg whites moving.
- Mix the egg yolks and the cream cheese well. If you choose, add the psyllium seed husk and baking powder (this makes the Oopsie more bread-like).
- Gently fold the egg whites into the egg yolk mix - try to keep the air in the egg whites.
- Put 6 large or 8 smaller oopsies on a baking tray.
- Bake in the middle of the oven at 150 degrees C (300 degrees F) for about 25 minutes - until they turn golden.
You can eat Oopsies as bread or use them as a bun for a hotdog or hamburger. You can also put different kinds of seeds on them before baking them, for instance poppy, sesame or sunflower seeds.