Number of Servings: 12
- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp salad oil
- 1 medium apple, chopped into small pieces
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- In separate bowl combine egg, milk, and salad oil and chopped apple.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients (batter may be lumpy).
- Extra milk may be added.
- Cook on hot griddle (will not stick).
- Recipe can be doubled or tripled without problem.
Makes 12 pancakes.
*use about 1/4 cup batter per serving.
*cinnamon may be added for extra tasty pancakes