May 28, 2009

Children

I don't understand why people are so invested in how many kids that people have. When you have only one child, they never leave you alone asking you when you are having another child. They never stop to think about the fact that maybe you want another child but can't, or maybe you have chosen to pour all your love into just one child. Why do they give you those looks of disapproval?

When you have two kids, they smile their approval. You have succeeded and managed to have the perfect number of kids.

And then if you should decide to have more than two children, you are pushing it again. They look at you with confusion. Did you do this on purpose? Why would you do that? Why would anyone want more than two kids? They look at you confused and try to act happy for you, but fail.

And if you are crazy enough to want more than three, they feel no need to hide their disapproval. They whisper among themselves. They sit in judgment. They wonder if you know what birth control is for. How can you take care of this many children?

What I want to know is how is their business? Why do care? Who gave them the right to sit in judgement. If my kids are happy, healthy, and taken care of, who are they to decide what my limit should be.

I personally have decided. Three is enough for me, but God forbid the person who tells me it has to be enough. I love my kids. I am a good mother. I am there for them, I love them, I teach them, I care for them. Don't you dare sit in judgment of me and the number of beautiful children I decide to add to this world.

6 comments:

Heather said...

Some people have WAY too much time on their hands imo

Notsosnowwhite said...

you say it sister.... ur a awesome mom... to bad for them if they are stuck in a world where two kids are a must and god forbid that u have another.. tell them to get over it

Julie said...

I agree completely. You have such a way with words. :)

Anonymous said...

*lol* ... I've SO been there! I don't know how many people have said the following, "Do you know what's causing this?" ... "You sure have your hands full!"... etc... I just smile, and then shock them by saying that I would have more if I was able. *rofl*

Julie

Tasha said...

I AGREE!

Desert Rose said...

I agree!! Actually it makes perfect sense.. how many kids I decide to have is entirely my business!!
I have 4 kids and maybe one day I would consider a 5th.. just maybe :)
I really admire mothers with a bunch of kids who are taken good care of and I pray God to bless her and them :)

Twitter