Mar 16, 2009

Not Me Monday



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

  1. I DID NOT get out of bed every 1/2 hour from 4 am until 8:30 am. I wouldn't let such trivial things as a cranky baby, a noisy dog and a noisy daughter get between me and my much needed sleep. Nope, not me!!

  2. Seeing as how, my getting up with the baby was disturbing Prince Charming's sleep, I absolutely DID NOT actually growl at him when he had the nerve to complain that I was popping up and down out of bed so much. Even though I am exhausted and sleep-deprived I am always the picture of kindness and devotion, I am never short or cranky. Nope, not me!!

  3. When Princess Belle got up and asked me for leftover stuffing and gravy for breakfast, I DID NOT let her have it. I always make her a healthy well-rounded breakfast, I never let my exhaustion excuse the occasional easy breakfast request. Nope, Not me!!

  4. I DID NOT set the kitchen timer when Princess Magpie cried upon being put to bed so that I could try not to run in there immediately and give her a chance to put herself to sleep. And I didn't stand by the timer with a bottle in hand, counting down the seconds until I could go in there and cuddle her and make her stop crying only to have her start again as soon as I left the room. And I did not do this every 10 minutes for a full hour. Nope, Not me!!

  5. I DID NOT sit in the living room for the next hour thinking every sound was my baby girl crying again. Nope, Not me!!

  6. I DID NOT put her in her bouncy seat on the floor and turn on Treehouse television and lay on the couch to try to get some rest. I would never do that. I am a fully involved mommy who makes sure my baby is fully stimulated at all times. I would never let my baby listen to the television. Nope, Not me!!

  7. I DID NOT feel grateful that today was a holiday from school and my big girl didn't have to go in today. I am not a selfish mommy who misses my girl and who would rather be spending time at home with her. Nope, Not me!!

  8. I DID NOT feel super productive this weekend after having gotten some baking done and getting my floors washed. I am a productive "Leave it to Beaver" meets Aunt Bea type mom who always has fresh cookies available for snacking, supper warming in oven and all the while keeping laundry done and the floors immaculate. I would never feel that simply getting some baking done and the floors scrubbed was a reason to feel triumphant. Nope, Not me!!

6 comments:

Ali said...

Ooh, I totally feel for you! We had a rough night too, I think Jimmy was a wee bit constipated and it made him quite cranky at 1am. Happy Monday! =)

purejoy said...

awww, i remember the sleepless nights!! just about the time they start fending for themselves at nite, they'll be out frolicking in it, and you won't be able to sleep till they come home. then. . . when that is about over, your hormones will kick in (or out as the case may be) and you'll be staring at the ceiling at 4:30 am wondering what in the $@&^%@ you are doing awake in the middle of the night!!

sleep.

it's highly overrated!
great post today.

Emily said...

isn't it annoying when the S.O. complains of not sleeping when you're the one up w/ the baby all night! it's the same at my house! lol

Anonymous said...

I don't have the energy to be a "leave it to Beaver" type mom. *lol*

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

I hope you get some rest tonight! Hope your week is getting off to a good start.

Kelly L said...

Love love your "Not Me Monday!" Being a mom is tough but so very rewarding!

Twitter