Mar 20, 2009

Happy Birthday to me, to me

We had a busy day today and didn't do anything for my birthday. I didn't mind. That happens sometimes when you are grownup. This evening after Princess Belle had gone to bed, she came out to talk to us and when Prince Charming told Princess Belle that today had been my birthday, she burst into tears. The poor sweet girl said that she had wanted to make me a present, to make the day special for me. I had her come over, I gave her a hug and daddy talked to her. He reminded her about her birthday and how her party wasn't on her actual birthday and how we could do something tomorrow.

So tomorrow Princess Belle and I are making a birthday cake (as per her instructions because she can't do it alone). And she will make me a present and she will be happy. And I am blessed because I have a girl who loves me so much she is heartbroken if she can't make my birthday special.

(Ooooh, Prince Charming just told me that if I can come up with a very easy gluten and dairy free cake, he will make it for us. )

4 comments:

Notsosnowwhite said...

OMG she is getting so tall...its amazing

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Happy Birthday!! I hope you have a great family day, (and not getting blasted by a winter storm)

Emily said...

What a sweet daughter! As long as I can have cake on my birthday, I'm pretty happy. Happy Birthday!

Tasha said...

Sorry I'm late, but Happy Birthday.

Twitter