Apr 25, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

EDITOR'S NOTE: my links appeared to have been messed up, but I have fixed them now.

Thirteen Random things about Twisted Cinderella
  1. I was really impressed with American idol last night. I was moved to tears (or at least damp eyes) by a few of the performances.
  2. The daycare that Little Princess attends had a incident today. A four year old child was upset with a change that was made and left the daycare. He walked out, and was found at LEAST 45 minutes later wandering down the highway "walking home"! Now when I put my child in your care, the one and only thing I am interested in is that you keep my child safe. HOW COULD YOU LET HIM WALK OUT!? There is a bell on the door when it opens. I don't know how it happens but it scares the heck out of me. And if that were my kid, I would be as pissed as hell!
  3. A couple of my friends are were interviewed by me. Go on over and visit her: Shelly.
  4. I found a cool recipe site that I thought I would share. I used the search feature to find recipes suitable for little Princess.
  5. I had some eggplant in my fridge and I thought I would figure out something new to do with it. I went to Allrecipes.com and found this recipe that I made. I didn't take a pic as it wasn't that pretty. But it was really yummy!:

    Roasted Eggplant and Mushrooms
    Cook Time: 45 Minutes Ready In: 55 Minutes
    Yields: 2 servings

    INGREDIENTS:
    1 medium eggplant, peeled and
    cubed
    2 small zucchini, cubed
    1/2 small yellow onion,
    chopped
    1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms, sliced
    1 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste
    1/2 cup water
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1/2 teaspoon dried basil
    salt and pepper to taste

    DIRECTIONS:
    1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
    2. Place eggplant, zucchini, onion and mushrooms in a 2 quart casserole dish. In a small bowl combine the tomato paste with the water, and stir in garlic, basil, salt and pepper. Pour over the vegetables and mix well.
    3. Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until eggplant is tender, stirring occasionally. Add water as necessary if vegetables begin to stick; however, vegetables should be fairly dry, with slightly browned edges.
  6. I was watching Rachel Ray and she actually had a show where the entire show appeared to be vegan or at least easilty altered to be so. I have just found the website, and I am really excited to go check out the recipes. I can easily switch the cheese out for a soy cheese and I am pretty sure maple syrup is vegan. I LOVE her show and it is nice to stumble on a vegetarian freindly day. Looking through her site, I also found out that she is scheduled to have another vegetarian day on May 1st. Here is the info I found:

    Episode TM1227
    AIR TIMES:
    May 01, 2007 6:00 PM ET/PT
    May 08, 2007 2:30 PM ET/PT

    No Meat, No Worries
    Rachael is making a hearty vegetarian meal that will satisfy the hungriest meat eaters as well.
  7. I got a fun email which let me to a site that you can use to guess how tall will your child be.
  8. I am thrilled to have discovered I can get Little Princess to eat a few new foods if I just put a little cheese on top. She loves cheese so now we are experimenting with what foods I can get her to eat. So far: chicken, chicken soup, spaghetti, tuna melt and we are still going. As long as she eats plenty of apples to counteract all that cheese I am not worried. The calories don't matter, she is the tiniest kid I have ever seen.
  9. On that note, I also found a site that you can use to get lunches your kid will eat.





Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

  • Leave a comment and I will add you here

    Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
    The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!





    12 comments:

    Jenny McB said...

    Your little princess looks happy to be outside playing!
    I haven't tried roasting eggplant and will have to throw it in with my zucchini and onions.

    Jane said...

    That's a great T13. Your little princess is adorable and is having a great time playing.
    My T13 is up.

    Anonymous said...

    i clicked the cool recipe site but it gives me an error page =( if u could pls. send me the link so to have more recipes I could try...thanks!!!

    great photos btw and AI was really great last night!

    Susan Helene Gottfried said...

    Every year at my kids' preschool (they both used it even though only one's there now), at least one kid escapes. Last year, I had a long talk with the head teacher about it: some kids are escape artists and nothing short of chains will keep the kid inside.

    I know it's easy to panic and yeah, 45 minutes is a long time, but try not to. They're doing their best.

    LOVE this week's scrap page.

    Janet said...

    mmm, I love mushrooms & eggplant!

    Di said...

    Eggplant is wonderful brushed with olive oil, sprinkled with garlic powder and grilled. Yum! Don't ever eat it raw...you will get very sick!

    Anonymous said...

    When my daughter was in kindergarten she wandered off from the school. Glad the boy was found.

    YellowRose said...

    I'd be quite upset with the day care too!! Scary situation!

    Your little princess is a doll!

    Happy TT!

    Robin said...

    45 minutes?!? Isn't the door LOCKED? As the parent of a child who used to bolt for the road at that age, I'd have flipped if that were my kid.

    Your daughter's a real cutie.

    Anonymous said...

    I know what you mean about your daughter being thin and not having to worry about calories. My daughter is almost 17 and is the same way. I can tell she will never have to worry about her weight and yet she eats all the time. It would be awesome to have a metabolism like that!! :-)

    chelsea said...

    You can get me to eat anything if you put a little cheese on it too.

    I don't even know what to say about the daycare. How was he allowed to get out. Shouldn't there always be someone at the door (or have the door locked) to prevent kids from wandering out, or strangers from wandering in? Where's my nanny-cam?

    Anonymous said...

    WOW! I would be mad as Hell, if my child were left unatteneded.
    I love Rachel Ray, I think she's Da Bomb when it comes to cooking shows. Her Bobby Flay and Paula are my favs.
    Thanks for the recipe my husband loves eggplant.
    Have a great Friday!

    Twitter