Apr 4, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen Random Things about Twisted Cinderella
  1. My friend just had a baby with hydrocephalus and I don't know what words of encouragement to offer. I have been speaking to her, listening and getting updates and such, but what do you say?
  2. I want to say, "don't worry. You can hardly notice, but I can notice".
  3. Someone asked me for the recipe for the pancakes little Princess was staring at the other day. Here is it is:
    Easy Vegan Pancakes

    Ingredients:
    -----------------------------------------------------

    1 cup whole wheat pastry flour(I only had plain white flour and used that)
    1 tablespoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    3/4 cup soy milk
    1/4 cup applesauce
    blueberries or vegan chocolate chips (optional I have added some of either to this recipe and it comes out wonderful)

    Instructions:
    -----------------------------------------------------

    Combine dry ingredients well in a bowl. In another container, combine the applesauce and soy milk. Pour the liquids into the dry ingredients and combine till all the flour is very moist but still a little lumpy.

    Heat up a pan and get it good and hot. Have a plate ready to catch completed pancakes. Take a 1/4 cup measure and scoop up some batter and pour into the pan. You should hear it sizzle. Wait until the pancake becomes bubbly and the bubbles look like they might want to stay, then turn the pancake over. Cook the other side for 30-45 seconds. Put the completed pancake onto the plate and repeat the great batter pouring process until you run out of batter.

  4. Little Princess came running to the top of the stairs yesterday when she was in bed with the wonderful revelation. "Daddy! . . . I know what I want to be when I grow up!" and when Daddy asked her what that was she replied, "I know what I want to be when I grow up. I want to be a movie rewinder in a movie store." Daddy laughed and asked if she thought that would be a fun job and she replied, "Oh yes!" She is tooo cute!
  5. I was trying to do a scrapbook page with pastel colors and this is what I came up with:
  6. I really want to get more active. I have become entirely too sedentary since I left my job and I really need to get out there and get active again.
  7. This should be easier now that the weather is getting better.

  8. My best friend is coming on Friday and I just can't wait to see her. She is my partner-in-crime, my listening ear and I am that for her too.

  9. She is having troubles with her artificial hip and I worry about her.
  10. I made this super easy chocolate pudding the other day. I blended approximately 1/2 cup of melted vegan chocolate chips with one pkg silken tofu. Blend thoroughly and chill. YUMMY!
  11. I made this wrap for my lunch yesterday. In a cast iron frying pan with some PAM, I cooked two slices of firm tofu with some spices rubbed into each side of it (pepper, chili powder,cumin, salt, garlic powder). I also sliced one Yves veggie weiner and cooked it the same way. Then I put one slice of tofu, some avocado, some baby spinach leaves, some sweet pepper, and 1/2 of the sliced wiener into the wrap. It was really yummy!
  12. Little Princess decided to show me how she and her dolly can stand on their heads together.
  13. I am having a fat day today. I am feeling chubby and yucky and hormonal and blech! But my best friend is coming soon and all that will be forgotten!

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

  • Leave a comment and I will add you here

Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!





15 comments:

Anonymous said...

that must be hard on both you and your friend. One can only pray for the best.

Anonymous said...

Your little girl is precious! I hope you have a wonderful time with your friend :)

I'll keep your friend and her baby in my prayers. I'm off to look up that disorder.

Jenny McB said...

Must be the weather this week and feeling fat, I can't stop eating! At least you have some healthy recipes to fall back on.

Will they put a shunt in for fluid on your friend's baby?
Enjoy your weekend with your friend!

Janet said...

I would encourage your friend to talk if she wanted to...

Those pancakes sound yummy, I'll give 'em a try next weekend!

Wylie Kinson said...

Oh, the poor little baby! My heart goes out to those parents. I've never heard of that condition before... is it treatable?

Your daughter is precious! I love that she wants to rewind movies.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Have a great visit with your best friend; let your daughter steal the show. I suspect it'll be easy!

As for your friend, please give her a hug for me. As a mom who was worried that something would be wrong with her own daughter, I can understand. And yeah, the baby's got a big head -- the better for her brains, once the water leaves. Keep that in mind (no pun intended) and good luck!

(btw, thanks for visiting as part of the T13 carnival. I was happy to see you'd dropped by)

Anonymous said...

I hope there is something they can do for that little one.

Hope you have a great time with your friend!

YellowRose said...

You are doing what you need to do for your friend, listening to her, and being there for her.

Have a good time when your friend gets into time!

Happy TT!

Anonymous said...

I will keep your friend's little one in my prayers. I like the scrap book that you made. Sorry to hear that your friend is having trouble with her artificial hip. The wrap is making me hungry.

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

I'm really sorry to hear about your friend's baby. I'll include in her in my prayers. Your pancakes looks so delicious.
Thanks for passing by my TT Carnival.

Cory said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's baby. But he still looks healthy and beautiful. I was just reading up on the condition, and things can be done. Just remind her of faith.
Your daughter is adorable. I remember saying that same thing when I was kid and we had just gotten a vcr!

Michelle Hasker said...

I'm feeling fat too
those recipes look great.
*hugs* for your friend and her daughter. I'll keep them in my prayers.

Nancy said...

The best thing you can do for your friend is just be there for her.

Thank you SO MUCH for posting the pancake recipe. =)

~N

Barbara said...

The pancakes look yummy!!

I'm feeling fat with you, but can't seem to get the energy it takes to get rid of it! AND, I definitely need to lose 30 or more pounds!

Check out my Thursday Thirteen

Jen said...

Your daughter is adorable! =) Ooo and the pancakes you made look Yummy!!

Have a great weekend!

Twitter