Apr 9, 2007

Monday mumblings

Monday Morning
I swear Little Princess can smell Mondays coming. All this long weekend, she went to be early, slept through the night and got up at the crack of dawn. But last night? She went to bed late, woke up at 3:30 to play for 2 1/2 hours and then wanted to sleep in and didn't want to get up for preschool. I was ready to trade her in for a new model right about 5:30 this morning! But then we got some cuddling in and an exhausted mommy sent her off to preschool, happily telling the busdriver about the easter bunny tracks in her house yesterday morning.


Little Princess and Notsosnowwhite
Little Princess is loving having my best friend here. Every day when she goes to bed, she asks if she will still be here when she gets up. And when she went to preschool today, she asked me to make sure she would still be here when she got home. It is going to be a bad day when she leaves to go home.


Scrapbooking
I made this scrapbook page about her first haircut. I kind of like how it turned out.




Vegetarian

I made some cornbread to go with a chili type supper I made. It was really yummy, especially fresh out of the oven!




Vegan Cornbread

Cornbread Ingredients
1 C Cornmeal
1 C Flour
¼ C Sugar
4 t Baking Powder
3/4 t Salt
¼ C Oil
1 C Soymilk
2 t vinegar
½ C Blendered corn (cream corn) optional
Chilies optional
CornBread directions
Mix gently pour into greased 8x8
or for best results:
A pre-heated cast iron fry pan.
Bake: 425 20 min

5 comments:

Kat said...

I've had those nights. they want to party and you want to sleep.lol

Sparky Duck said...

mmmm cornbread

Elle said...

love the scrapbook page!!! Turned out great! And YUMMY cornbread!!!

Margaret said...

Looks like you had a wonderful easter! And your best friend is in town! Hurray! That cornbread of yours looks very delicious... I'm going to have to run away before I cave on my semi-sorta-set 'em up diet that I was supposed to start today.

Anonymous said...

Her haircut is darling!
LOL! You are so clever. I would never thought of making cocoa easter bunny footprints. I'll have to try this next year!
Glad you had a fun Easter!

Twitter