Apr 18, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen Random things about Twisted Cinderella
  1. Here is one of the Easter chocolates that Little Princess got for easter. I thought it was absolutely adorable.
  2. Little Princess has been missing Notsosnowwhite more than usual this time. Yesterday morning she got up and drew faces for how she felt. The first one, "Oh no, I don't want her to go." the second one, "I love her." and the third, "I am sad."
  3. I am having difficulties with lack of groceries. This is the result of me inventing something on the go. I had onions,broccoli and cabbage in the pot and I still had no idea what it was going to be when it grew up. It was really yummy though. I topped it off with chopped almonds for a little added protein.

  4. I loved this video by Meatloaf. It gave me goosebumps.

  5. I found this great website called: Eat Better America. Eat Better America is a free web site that offers fitness and health tips, healthy recipes and a support community. One of the main features is called "Healthify My Recipe," where you can submit your favorite recipes for a healthy makeover.
  6. I made this scrapbook page. I am not sure I like the colors but it is kinda cute.
  7. I am seriously, completely, absolutely broke. I am so glad that I horded groceries when I knew that this was going to be a bad month because if we don't get money soon, things are going to be bad. I hate times like this. UGH.
  8. I think I am getting a cold. I have a sore throat and a stuffed sinuses. UGH
  9. Little Princess fell asleep on her bed at 7 last night. She was up half the night before playing and carrying on and being a general nuisance, so I am not surprised. Heck, I fell asleep at 6 on the couch. I hate it when I do that because I always end up with a headache.
  10. About American Idol. Who is your favorite? Who would you like to win the whole thing? I love Jordin and Melinda and I would love it if Melinda won the whole shebang.
  11. On Tuesday, after cleaning out my cupboards, I went on a cleaning rampage and cleaned out my hallway closet, scrubbed the floors, tidied the whole house and did 4 loads of laundry.
  12. You would never know I cleaned the floors now. Welcome to life with a five year old.
  13. Little Princess told a joke to me yesterday that was the first time she ever spontaneously told a joke that she got right. Her jokes are usually funny because they make no sense at all. But this time she looks at me and says, "Mommy . . . why was the broom late for breakfast? . . . . . . Because he overswept!" I laughed and was proud of her too for telling the joke right. She makes me laugh daily, she really does.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

  • Leave a comment and I will add you here

    Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
    The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!





    22 comments:

    Tink said...

    Interesting things to get to know you. Thanks for sharing! Yout little princess sounds like a hands full, but cute nevertheless! I hope you'll be better soon in health and moneywise.
    My Tt is about collections I have.

    Barbara said...

    Your little Princess sounds sweet. I love her joke!! I'll have to remember that one.

    Check out my TT

    Susan Helene Gottfried said...

    LOVE your daughter's pictures of her feelings; awesome. The scrapbook page is, too; you use color better than I do.

    Sorry this is such a rough month. I wish I could do more than send you a virtual hug.

    Happy TT!

    Anonymous said...

    Jordin and Melinda are my choices too. I'm sorry that this has been a rough month for you. Is there a food bank in your area?

    Anonymous said...

    Congrats to Little Princess for her first correct joke!

    FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

    That drawing is so simple but it really tells how your little princess feels about you. How sweet of her.
    My T13 is up too.

    Rashenbo said...

    Yes, fabulous pictures by the artist in development! :) Great list, love the little goodies to look at :)

    My house is never clean... There is something sticky on my wood floor... I don't think I want to know what it's from.

    Joan said...

    Interesting pics. My TT is also posted.

    Anonymous said...

    A nice pharmacist once told me that when you're getting a cold if you take an antihistame and a pain reliever it can help not only with the symptoms (sore throat, plugged nose) but speed recovery. I've been following her advice for 8 years and it seems to be working for me.

    Anonymous said...

    meatloaf now that's a band from past!

    aTxVegn said...

    That certainly was a good joke! I always thought my son was fun when he was growing up. It certainly helps to get a laugh when times are tough.

    I love your broccoli and cabbage dish. I would eat a ton of that!

    Take care of yourself.

    Jenny McB said...

    Confession here- I don't click on youtubes usually in blogs, but did tonight, so glad I did! Great song.

    I like the scrapbook page, it's cute and springy.
    I hope the month gets better for you.

    Laurie said...

    Little prince and princesses are oh, so much fun! I have one of each myself!

    Anonymous said...

    Great list! I so feel your pain on the clean floors with kids!

    BTW, great pics of you at the top. You look great mama!

    Kat said...

    As aways a wonderful TT!

    Sparky Duck said...

    the scrap page is really cute, and maybe you are getting or have allergies instead of a cold?

    Anonymous said...

    With my own five year old (+ eight others of varying ages), BOY do I know what you mean about those floors!

    I am totally amazed at the weight loss progression photos. You go girl!!!

    Happy TT.

    Anonymous said...

    It's fun to hear children tell jokes just right!

    Eat Better America sounds like a great web site.

    Anonymous said...

    I love random thought TT's, and yours are no exception! Your princess sounds adorable.

    Danielle said...

    I am so with you on the clean floors. I am tempted to create a photographic record after cleaning to preserve the memories.

    Happy TT

    Be well and enjoy the day

    Unknown said...

    Thanks for sharing those with us. I love getting to know bloggers!


    Amys Random Thoughts is having a blogging scavenger hunt starting May 1st. Details and prizes were announced today! Hope you will come and have fun with us!

    Anonymous said...

    Great improv cooking for #3!

    Twitter