The picture isn't that pretty, I should have used my red bowls and should have garnished with a little lemon rind for color, but it really is super yummy! And when the sauce is cold, it set up like lemon pie and Princess Belle and Prince Charming ate it like a dessert!
Lemon Pie Oatmeal
2 cups oatmeal
4 cups water
1/4 sugar (or to taste, my kids have a sweet tooth so I added extra)
1 package instant lemon pie filling
1/2 cup sugar
4 teaspoons cornstarch
1 cup water
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 Tablespoons Butter
- Combine ingredients for oatmeal in a pot over medium heat.
- Heat, stirring occasionally, until desired consistency is reached and then sit aside until sauce is ready.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, water, butter and lemon juice in a pot over medium heat.
- Whisk constantly, to keep lumps from forming. Bring to boil. Boil for 3 minutes until clear and thick. Remove from heat.
- Serve oatmeal with sauce over it.