Here are some ideas I found:
- Homemade Baking Mix – Better Than Bisquick
- Bread Mixes
- How to Make a Batch of Dehydrated Soup Mix
- Homemade Taco Seasoning
4 cups powdered milk
1 1/2 cups cornflour
mix, and store in airtight container.
To use, mix equal parts of water and mixture. Whisk until dissolved. Cook how desired. For cheese sauce add grated cheese before cooking.
Another thing I have been thinking of is the fact that I know I will be moving in 8 or 9 months depending on when Prince Charming finishes his course. So I can start some little preparations now. Here are some things I have been thinking of:
Buttery Garlic Rice Mix
■1 cup long grain white rice or brown rice
■2 chicken bouillon cubes
■1 teaspoon onion powder
■1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
■1/8 teaspoon turmeric
■2 teaspoons dry parsley
This is enough for one package of mix. Combine all ingredients, and store in jars, or individual zip top snack bags. Make 4 to 6 at a time, they are so easy to grab and make up, and so tasty!
■2 tablespoons margarine
■1 package of Rice Mix
■2 cups water
In a 2 quart saucepan combine the margarine, Rice Mix and water. Bring the mixture to a boil. Place a lid on the pot. Reduce the heat to the lowest possible flame. Simmer, covered until done. White rice should cook for 20 minutes and brown rice should cook for 45 minutes. Serve hot.
Another thing that has been on my mind is that due to the fact that this house is just WAAAAY to small, I know that in 8 or 9 months when Prince Charming finishes his course, we will be moving. Knowing that I can prepare a little in advance. Here are some things I have been thinking about:
- I have a good idea where I am going to end up, so I have made contact with some homeschooling moms there. I am excited about this for both me and for Princess Belle as they have kids she can associate with.
- I am going to prepare a bathroom first box. I will put in it a new shower curtain (from dollar store, I hate moving old shower curtains), soap, shampoo, toilet paper, a new toilet brush (same as shower curtain), toothbrushes, toothpaste, a towel and a wash cloth. This is easy to do now and it will be ready for when the time comes.
- I will prepare a similar box for the kitchen of just a few things to make life easier.
- Every time I get a box in the house, I am going to pack up something we won't miss. (such as books)
- I am going to get a new couch before we go. The one we have has been completely destroyed and it easier to get one for a good price in the city than in a more rural setting.
- Start a moving fund and start saving money for the expenses.