Nov 15, 2012

Breakfast Recipe, Living Room Troubles, and Other Thursday Thoughts.

There are several reasons having Little Prince sleep in the living room is a pain in my too large but very loving behind.
  • I can't talk when he is sleeping.  This includes my evenings with Prince Charming when we watch tv together.
  • I can't wash the dishes when he is sleeping (it wakes him up, honest!)
  • I can't wash or sweep or walk on the floor when he is sleeping which is usually right after the girls go to bed for the night or for a nap and they have messed it up.  
  • He is easily distracted and hard to put to sleep.
There is one benefit to him sleeping there.  I get to see him sleeping lots of times and he looks so cute!



For breakfast for the kids this morning, I made something kind  of new.  It involved a lot of substitutions but it was a HUGE hit!  So I will probably make some version of it again.  The recipe is at the end of this post.

I have been feeling really guilty because I can't get the girls potty trained.  I took a step back for a short while when it was going so badly, but I am going to get back at it today and really really try to get at least one of them potty trained.  I should be able to get this done.  Even if they are special needs.

I LOVE the fall.  The older I get, the more I love the colors, the cool crisp air, the seasonal foods and promise of good things to come in the air.  It is good.

My girls have destroyed the blinds in the living room.  I am debating whether or not to replace them as we know we are moving in 8 or 9 months and they were ours not the landlords anyway.  We will see.

I am hoping to have most of our Christmas shopping done by the end of the month.  I would like to get some baking done too.  What are your favorite things to make a Christmas?

I sometimes worry about this new relaxed approach we are taking this year with Princess Belle's homeschooling.  But everyone once in a while, she surprises me by showing me how much she has learned.  We had learned about the Great Barrier Reef in our studies about Australia and the next thing I know Princess Magpie was talking about a "reef" because Princess Belle had been teaching her about it.  I love that it not only made an impression, it made enough of an impression that she passed it along to her sisters.



Peanut Butter Oatmeal Breakfast Snacks

Ingredients:

1/4 cup margarine

1/2 cup Peanut butter or nut butter of choice

1 1/2 cup brown sugar, raw sugar or sweetener or choice

1/2 cup almond milk or milk of choice

1 cup flour

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

1 Tbsp cinnamon (for these I added a little ginger and a cloves)

3 cups rolled or quick cooking oatmeal

Steps:

1. Mix all ingredients together and drop in balls onto cookie sheet. Bake 10 minutes, or until done. Mine came out still in balls and the girls thought they were great.  These would be good with raisins sunflower seeds or nuts in them and formed into cookies as well.  I also think they would be great with pumpkin instead of peanut butter!  I am going to try it that way next time.  VERY TASTY!


1 comment:

Queen Bee said...

The Breakfast Treat sounds yummy!!!

Twitter