Nov 12, 2012

Together


I love how much my little ones love each other. I like to listen to them play, excitedly sharing ideas playing together regardless of their ages. It is fun to hear Princess Magpie talking to Little Prince, certain that he understands her too and quick to share with me the things she imagines he says back.


Little Prince loves his big sisters. He is always happy when they are around. He watches them play, giggles at them and is thrilled when they pay attention to him. He is cranky when they go to bed and he can't play with them anymore. And watching that, I look forward to the years to come. I look forward to watching as Little Prince chases along behind the girls he adores so much. I look forward to Christmas's with all my kids playing together and all the other holidays to come.


Now, I know that the girls sometimes argue as siblings are known to do, but I watch them all together and there is comfort in knowing that they would be lost without each other.

And, while I know that Princess Magpie and Princess Snifflefritz are like a joint package, best friends, always together and that is sweet, but even Princess Belle loves to spend time with the little ones. The other night when it was time to go to bed it was Princess Belle who complained, “Aww, I wanted to play with them!“ And it is Princess Belle who sneaks into their room after bedtime because she wants to play games with them.

(btw, the pics are all of dress-up play that Princess Belle started with the little ones)




2 comments:

Dawn Suzette said...

Sweet to hear about sibling love!
And a big thanks for adding my blog to your side-bar. Very kind of you!

Jennifer said...

Ugh, I love watching my kids play together, too! It just melts my heart! My baby is now old enough to begin playing with her brother and it is so fun to see how they communicate with each other and how affectionate they are to one another. I could watch them forever!

Twitter