Aug 11, 2006

A conversation in pictures or life with my four year old.

I am sitting the living room folding laundry when my Little Princess comes into the room without her pants. "Where are your pants?"

"They're upstairs." She answers as if this it perfectly normal to leave a room wearing pants and come back without them.

I shake my head, "Okay, well go get them, you have to have your pants on."

She comes halfway down the stairs and stops, holding up the jeans she was wearing and then spins around and starts back up the stairs again talking over her shoulder to me."They're right here, but I don't want to wear these. Hold on, I will show you."


I wait patiently until she reappears with a pair of fuzzy blue pants. "I want to wear these mommy, they're soft and furry."



"Okay, I don't care which ones you wear just bring them here and put them on."


She decides to bring both pairs down just in case I change my mind and then grins and says, "Where do they go mommy? On my head? Or on my bum?"



I laugh and call her a goofy girl as she sits on the floor to put her pants on.

I ask her if she needs help and she tells me, "No, I got it. Just watch."

The she jumps and stands up with her arms out to one side, "Taaaadaaaa!!!!" Like she just performed a magic trick.



Some days even a normal act such as keeping pants on my child is just too much fun.

Little note: check out what my wonderful best friend said HERE talking about me. I am humbled and lucky to have a friend like her.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's cute ... and even cuter that you had the camera out to capture the whole thing! LOL! (we really do keep the camera at ALL times don't we?)

Anonymous said...

cute share! She probably didn't want to wear the jeans 'cause they were too uncomfortable. I feel like that too most of the time! LOL

Great party at Carmen's ay?

Anonymous said...

Awwwww, that's so sweet!!

Anonymous said...

That is so cute. I have a 4 year old, too, so I know how a simple act can be so exaggerated at times!

Anonymous said...

She is a dolly. At least she knows what she wants huh.
Thanks for dropping by.

Anonymous said...

That's too cute. I imagine my neice will be the same way in a couple of years!

Twitter