Oct 19, 2005

Twisted Cinderella Gets Sentimental

Today, I am going to take a step away from operation move obsession and just remember my Little Princess. Looking back the thing I remember most is the feeling.

I can close my eyes and feel her in my arms with her little head on my shoulder snuggling into my neck. I can feel her in her Snuggly, wiggling and squirming against my stomach. I think back and I remember her tiny little body in my arms and I can feel her there. (she was 4lbs 10oz when I brought her home from the hospital.) I can feel her little hands in mine as she holds tightly and tries to jump on my legs.

And even now it is the feelings that stand out the most. I know I will always be able to close my eyes and feel her little hand in mine as we walk down the hall for her to go to bed. I will always feel her in my arms as she cuddles in my lap crying over a bad dream and I softly sing to her and rock her and she sags, heavy with sleep. These are the memories that will last. And I am so grateful to share them with her.

There is something special about being her mommy. Something in the way she looks at me and trusts me absolutely.

We have a little thing we do where, when she is crying, I put my hands on either side of her face and wipe the tears away gently with my thumbs and then I tell her to take a deep breath and I blow gently over her face, blowing away the sad. When I finish, she looks at me and smiles, "See mommy, now I'm happy." I want to be able to do that forever. It is such a miracle to be able to kiss away the bumps and blow away the sad

Never mind me, I am just looking at her lying quietly on the couch watching Go Diego Go and I am thinking about just how beautiful, how wonderful, how special she really is. I look at her and I see that just being her mommy and wife to Prince Charming made all my dreams come true. This really is my happily ever after, crazy fiasco moves, and grumpy FILs included. My life really is my fairy tale.

No comments:

Twitter