Oct 20, 2005

The Inner Workings of the Three Year Old Mind

I'll never understand the mind of a three year old. I will never understand how it is vitally important that this teddy bear has to be on the right side of your pillow and that one on the left when I tuck you in at night and the joy of taking every sheet, every blanket, every pillow and toy off of your bed each and every night and sleeping on the bare mattress. I will never understand the joy that is spreading every item you own all over your room so that in order to open the door, you have to push stuff out of the way.

There are so many things that completely baffle me about my Little Princess. When I make her a grilled cheese sandwich, she pulls it apart, eats the cheese and then only eats that bread which cannot be separated from the cheese. Until I met my Little Princess, I didn't know that bread was just the handle to hold the food, that soup is any liquid in a bowl and that given the opportunity, it is better to be able to eat only the liquid and leave any nasty floating bits in your bowl(you know, like vegetables, potatoes, or meat).

I will never understand the joy of reading the same book so many times that mommy starts dreaming that hungry caterpillars are eating Winnie the Pooh while a tigger bounces by laughing maniacally. You should see us, I start reading her a book and Notsosnowwhite and Prince Charming start chanting the lines along with me. We have all read these books so many times that we all can recite them by rote when we can't even see the words, a talent which comes in handy by the way when Little Princess is in my arms looking so closely at the pics that I can't see the book.

I will never understand the excitement and thrill which is Dora the Explorer, Blues Clues, and Big Comfy Couch. How she gets so excited when she sees them coming on the television, she jumps up and down screaming and yelling with excitement as if she had just won the lottery! (only she gets lucky and hits the jackpot every day!)

She really is a riot and she comes up with new baffling ways of looking at things every day. Life is never boring when you live with a Little Princess.

No comments:

Twitter