Nov 22, 2014

Seven

  1. I LOVE that when Prince Charming sees things on the computer, when he is out, or when I am out, he puts them aside to share with me.  So that when we are back together, he has a whole list of things he wants to share with me.

  2. Why on earth would Greco pizza not deliver to downtown.  It isn't the neighborhood, they just said they don't deliver downtown!  One of the benefits I thought the city would have is that you could get inexpensive delivery whenever you wanted it!

  3. Little Prince woke up screaming again last night.  He was up for hours, clinging to me, his little fingers tightly gripping my nightdress, clearly upset even after I finally got him to stop screaming.  As I have said before, it is those minutes when he is upset and can't tell me why that I would give every penny I have ever had in order to just know what he needs from me. 


  4. Two of my girls are chatterboxes.  They love to talk to me, to share every thought that comes into their heads.  And as tiring as that can be when I have a headache, I make it a point to listen, to responding, and really hearing them.  Because I want them to want to talk to me.  When things on their minds, I want to know.  Right now, it is little things, fairy princesses and Monster High stuff.  But as they get older, it will be bigger things like bullies, self esteem and boys and I want to hear about about that stuff too.  So I figure all this chatter is laying the groundwork for the future.  Every single, "Right Mama?" and "Watch video I made mama!" is special because they are special.  

  5. I was talking to Princess Belle last night about Christmas.  How we have had a few lean ones over the years but we have NEVER had a bad one.  There wasn't one where I woke up Christmas morning anything less than grateful and happy with my family and my life.  Christmas has always been about enjoying my family and making it special no matter how much or how little we have.  It is about love, togetherness and fun.  It is special because we choose to make it special.   



  6. I love Christmas.  I love the decorations, I love the food, I love the movies, the togetherness . . . all of it!  I think maybe a part of it is that for the 28 years I never had Christmas.  I watched the other kids have it, I would sneak chances to spend time watching movies about Christmas.  I was the little girl with my nose pressed against the glass watching it and wanting it but not admitting that I felt left out of it.  So now, I make up for it with my kids.  I want to make the whole month of December special for them.  I want it to be a month of love and joy and special for them.  I don't want them to ever feel left out of it.  




  7. Looking at my relationship with my parents, I have another thing I want my kids to know and that is that no matter what they do in their lives, they can always talk to me.  I will always love them.  I will always accept them.  I will never make them feel like they are a disappointment to me just because they are being the best version of themselves and living a life that makes them happy.  I don't want them to dread calls from me.  I have no wishes for them other than for them to live happy, fulfilling lives and if they make a mistake, I will always be here for them.  My love has no expiry date and no strings.  
  8.  



     

No comments:

Twitter