Apr 28, 2011

Moving sucks and other more positive thoughts.

While being back in town is awesome, moving truly does suck. We had a relative meed 0ur movers at the new house while we were still on the road to the new place. Our relative unlocked the door and left. The movers dumped everything in the middle of the rooms and left. The boxes were labelled and it would have been easy to at least pile them against the walls so that we could move, but nope, everything in the middle of the rooms. We got here at 12:30 at night and had to spend 2 more hours clearing out enough space to put up bed and cribs for the girls to sleep in. The drive was scary. We kept going through storms so bad that I couldn't see past the bumper of my car. I thought moving this time of year would have avoided that but, nope it doesn't. And now I am spending my days digging through the rubble of this disaster zone doing emergency recon to try to find the most important things.

There are some things on the up side though:
  • I labeled the boxes very clearly so it makes finding things easier.
  • The more I unpack, the more I like our house. I LOVE LOVE LOVE my kitchen.
  • The house is a LOT smaller, but I find I am willing to downsize our belongings to make it fit the house.
  • One tv broke but we were able to replace it with a better one for $15.
  • I am now finished (or mostly so) unpacking the kitchen. It makes me so happy to go in there.
  • I have a rocking pantry that I love.
  • While our van sputtered and kicked the whole way here, she got us here through the storm in one piece, and we are very grateful.

No comments:

Twitter