I am really excited to know that we have a place lined up to move into. That is one major hurdle in this move arranged. Now that we have that done, we can set about arranging the actual move. It is a nice place, in a great location. There were bigger houses available, but I figured I would rather have one that is big enough and have the extra money left to get things for it. I won't have a classroom in this new house, but I don't mind. The world is our classroom and mother nature is the best teacher. I am glad to be moving in the spring. I LOVE St. John's in the summer. I am so excited to be getting a chance to enjoy the summer fun and for Prince Charming to start his new job.
Poor Princess Magpie has the flu now. She is so pitiful sleeping on the loveseat.
I am taking a break from packing and at this moment, I have bread rising on the counter, old fashioned, slow cooking chili con carne on the stove and bread pudding in the fridge ready to cook (and all this on a day when my girls kept me up all night). I just love having yummy homemade food for my family. It makes me feel good.
10 slices white bread, cut into cubes (I used most of a loaf of whole wheat bread)
1/4 cup margarine, melted (I used vegetable oil)
1/2 cup raisins
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 cup white sugar
4 cups hot milk
1 pinch ground nutmeg
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees F
2. In a large bowl, combine bread cubes, melted margarine, and raisins; mix well, and transfer to a 2 quart baking dish.
3. Use the same bowl to beat the eggs. Stir in sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon until sugar is dissolved. Slowly whisk in the hot milk. Pour egg mixture over bread cubes, sprinkle with nutmeg, and set aside to soak for 5 minutes. (I let sit overnight in the fridge and cooked in the morning for breakfast)
4. Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
Glaze for Bread pudding
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
2 1/2 TBSP milk
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon butter
1. Melt the butter and add to rest of ingredients. Mix until creamy.