Nov 30, 2010

Self Improvement

I am watching videos by vegans and getting so much inspiration. I find it so motivating to hear their experiences and to see them and hear what they have to say, reminds me that I am not alone in what I am doing. It gives me ideas about things to try. It motivates me to go further, to do more.

I am making an effort to really connect with my family without making a big deal about it, not telling them, but I try to make sure I really listen when they talk to me and I reach out and casually touch them, or hug them. I am doing this not only with the kids but with Prince Charming too. It is too easy to let kids and life get in the way of really connecting with your partner and I in my quest to improve myself, I am trying to improve that too.

I am also trying to get more of the house really settled into. My first goal is to get all the boxes on the main level unpacked (there isn't that many left). Then I am going to go through the boxes in the basement that we had in storage and get them gone through and pared down.

I fixed my kitchen a little more. I liked everything except how I had to food storage arranged. I like to have my stuff in zones:
  1. the can zone,
  2. the bottle zone,
  3. the box zone,
  4. the cannister zone,
  5. the pasta, grains, and rice zone,
  6. the baking zone,
  7. the snack zone,
  8. and the beverage zone.
I didn't have that done and I had no real place set aside for my baking stuff and it was driving me crazy. So this morning, I took all my stuff, spread it across my counter and I put it away in an organized way. It is so much easier to keep track of things now.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Very inspirational. :)

Twitter