Feb 10, 2009

Big Victories in a Little World

Princess Magpie is continuing on her quest to take over her little world. She is changing every day. Last night, while we were watching television, she was on the floor in front of us. We realized she seemed to be repeating something over and over and looking at us. She was very clearly looking at us and saying, "Baba, Baba, Baba" We stopped and looked at her, wondering to ourselves if she was just practicing her sounds or if she was trying to tell us something. I stood up and looked at her and she repeated just once to me, "Baba!" Just to test our theory, I walked into the kitchen and fetched a bottle and held it out at her. She looked at the bottle, smiled at me and repeated victoriously, "Baba!" I picked her up and she began to drink furiously. So my babies first word is baba (bottle). Too funny. It makes sense, she is a voracious eater and seeing as how her belly is the most important thing in her world as far as I can tell, I can see how her first word would have to do with that. She will work on Mama and Dada later. LOL

This morning she was laying on the floor and she flipped over on to her belly. I watched her, waiting for her to do as she usually does which is work really hard to flip back over, get frustrated and then cry. But as I watched, I realized she wasn't giving up. She worked and worked. Then she would lay her head down and rest before lifting it back up to try again. And lo and behold she flipped herself back over. When she did her little face was filled with joy and pride. She was so excited with herself for doing it. I, of course, took pictures of the whole thing.






3 comments:

Julie said...

Aww...she is getting so big! She is just adorable! I can't believe she said her first word! Yay!! :)

Anonymous said...

Yay for Mag-pie! She is doing awesome!

None of my kids said Mama or Dada for their first words either... Or their second, or third... *lol*

Tasha said...

wow, you better watch out, you have one smart cookie on your hands

Twitter