Feb 13, 2008

Funny Princess and 15 Weeks

Princess had a few misconceptions on where babies come from after our conversation. I had carefully explained in 5 year old terms that mommy has an egg in her belly and daddy has a seed. Daddy's seed joins with Mommy's egg and a baby is created. However Princess kept discussing how the egg hatched in my belly and that now that the egg had hatched the baby could hear her talk to my belly better. While this was amusing, I thought I should clarify that no egg hatched in my belly. So I explained again that the seed and the egg joined together and became a baby, nothing hatched. After my explaination, Princess looked at me quizzically with a look that said she was trying to decide if this could possibly be true, if I was crazy or if I was trying to fool her. After a full five minutes she looked at me tilted her head to one side, put her hands on her hips and firmly announced, "Eggs HATCH mommy!" (There wasn't much she knew but she figured she knew how eggs work) LOL LOL

Here is my plan for my supper tonight. I think it sounds yummy!





Winter Solstice Soup







Submitted by: Sara Mayes
Rated: 4 out of 5 by 25 members
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Ready In: 55 Minutes
Yields: 4 servings


"Cooked potatoes, onions and carrots are pureed with milk in this soul warming soup seasoned with thyme, bay leaf and parsley."

INGREDIENTS:







2 tablespoons margarine

2 onions, chopped

2 carrots, shredded

2 potatoes, peeled and cubed

3 cups water

1 teaspoon salt


1 tablespoon dried parsley

1/2 teaspoon dried thyme

1 bay leaf

2 cups milk

salt and pepper to taste


DIRECTIONS:














1.In a large pot over medium heat, melt the butter or margarine and saute the onions for 5 to 10 minutes, or until tender. Add the carrots, potatoes, water, salt, parsley, thyme and bay leaf.
2.Reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove the bay leaf.
3.Puree the soup in a blender or food processor in small batches and return to the pot. Stir in the milk, mixing well, and season with salt and pepper to taste.

I am 15 weeks pregnant today. I feel pretty good. My headaches are still a daily battle, but with my change in my diet, the morning sickness is much better.

You are 15 weeks pregnant.


Your baby's crown-to-rump length is approximately 4 inches and she now weighs approximately 1.75 ounces. Your baby is close to the size of a softball and you can easily tell that you are pregnant now! If you wear maternity clothes or a swimming suit, other people will be able to tell that you are pregnant also. You can probably feel your uterus about three to four inches below your bellybutton.


Your baby, 25 weeks to go.....

If you do not yet have a due date, your doctor can easily determine an accurate due date based on the measurement of your baby's head. This is done by an ultrasound examination. Your doctor will be discussing upcoming tests and procedures with you around this time that are able to diagnose or confirm birth defects and other abnormalities.

Your baby is growing at an amazing rate and looking more like a human every day. Because your baby's skin is so thin, you are able to see blood vessels through the skin. Lanugo hair covers your baby's body, but it will be gone when your baby is born. The hair on the eyebrows and head continues to grow. Some babies are born with little or no hair and others have a head full of hair! If you have an ultrasound at this point, you might be able to see your baby sucking its thumb. Even though the eyes continue to move to the front of the face, they are still widely separated. Your baby's ears look like normal ears and continue to develop externally. The bones that have already formed continue to get harder and retain calcium. The baby is very mobile and flexible at this point. She can bend her arms at the elbows and wrists and she can also make a fist with her hands.axtirx

No comments:

Twitter