Mar 4, 2007

Sunday Seven

I thought I would do my Sunday Seven in pictures today:

1. Little Princess was very cute making a huge mess all over her face enjoying her ice cream thoroughly. She had a good eating day yesterday and I like to reward her healthy meals with yummy snacks to munch on too. That way, I am happy that she is getting extra calories and she is happy enjoying her snacks. I just don't tell her that is what I am doing. LOL


2. Little Princess got out daddy's boots and was playing with them.

It was so cute that she put them on and the when she got out of them, she left them sitting together like that with their toes touching. LOL She even danced around them like some kind of Mexican Boot dance instead of the Mexican hat dance.
3. Little Princess looked at me very solemnly and told me that, "Mommy, I can't do a headstand and I can't do a cartwheel either." I smiled and told her that I had a secret for her, I can't do those things either, but she may learn to do them in school. I told her that daddy could do a headstand and she ran to ask him. It made me smile that Prince Charming was proud to show her his skill.

Then when she was suitably impressed, he showed her how to do it too.

4. I was impressed that we were able to squeeze our car in the half of the driveway I had shovelled. That was something good anyway. Thanks to our industrious neighbours who keep their driveway shovelled all the time.


5. Yesterday, I made a fabulous soup for supper. It was one of those, throw a few things in and see how it turns out soups. I added about 1/2 cup of romano beans, 1/2 cup of black beans, 1/2 zucchini, 1 onion, 1 can tomatoes, 1/2 cup corn and 5 meatless meatballs. I added some chili seasonings and it was wonderful! It was just so rich and filling. Next time I don't even need the meatless meatballs, the rest was just so filling without it.


6. I made this great tofu scramble on Saturday for breakfast. I had some tofu weiners, 1 potato, 1 onion, 1/2 zucchini, and some corn. I added a little bit of veggie stock and cooked it until the potatoes had reached the texture I liked and the stock had cooked in. I seasoned it with salt and pepper and garlic powder and it was wonderful!

7. I made the best supper on Friday night.
The Squash : I hollowed out an Acorn Squash and roasted in a little bit of water for about 1/2 hour. Then I turned it over and sprinkled a little salt and then spread 1 tablespoon of sugar free raspberry jam around the inside. I cooked it for 5 mins longer and it was done.
Sweet potato: I cooked up 1 sweet potato and a few baby carrots. I mashed them all together along with 1 tablespoon of sugar free raspberry jam and a little salt. It was wonderful! Next time, I will probably leave out the carrots as they didn't really add anything special and the sweet potato was definitely the star of that dish.

Broccoli: I was wanting some kind of a gravy so I decided to invent a veggie version. I put 2 cups of water in the pan and then added 1 cub of veggie bouillon and 1 tablespoon of another veggie bouillon. Once that was starting too cook up, I added some frozen broccoli and 6 meatless meatballs. I cooked it all up together until everything about cooked added a little cornstarch to thicken it and it came out tasting like the beef and broccoli I used to eat at a chinese restaurant! It was wonderful!

7 comments:

Fantastagirl said...

The little princess is so cute trying to do a headstand, glad prince Charming was willing to show her how!

urban vegan said...

what a little sweetie pie!

Shelley said...

Love your pics TC! And that soup DOES look fab...I'm drooling...

Kat said...

I wish I could stand on head. If I did that In would never get down again.

Linda said...

Despite the fact that I'm not a vegeterian those dishes look fantastic! Now I'm hungry all over again!

bazu said...

I loved the photos of your sweetie daughter! Your food looks great- but I'm marvelling even more at your weight loss progress- you go, girl!

Tofu Mom (AKA Tofu-n-Sprouts) said...

Great pix! Too funny, the whole "Mexican Boot Dance" thing...

Twitter