Sep 16, 2005

Sally is possessed (Otherwise titled My Coffee Perk is Out to Get Me)

My Coffee Perk, Sally, is possessed. I swear she is. By some weird, mean vindictive person who loves to play the same trick over and over again. I have loved Sally for exactly 6 months. Before Sally I had a little, stirdy, perk. She wasn't nearly as flashy and fancy as Sally. Sally can make my coffee before I even get out of bed. I wake up to the wonderful smell of my greatest addiction being prepared in anticipation of my arrival. What a great pal, Sally is. And if I am overanxious for my coffee, Sally has a non-drip feature which means that I can pull out the pot without making a mess.

But now, out of nowhere, Sally has become possessed. And you know that little receptical that holds coffee grinds and water goes through it to make coffee? Well, in the middle of a cycle for no apparent reason, Sally will thrust that halfway open. In her deviousness, she knows that water will keep coming in but with the receptacle is no longer touching the pot so water can't leave.

So while I am otherwise occuppied waiting for Sally to do her thing and give me the sweet nectar that is coffee and all of a sudden I see it . . . a long trail of coffee trailing across the counter, onto the floor, under the stove, and across the kitchen to meet me. Now I LOVE coffee but I really don't need it meeting me in the doorway unfettered by such common restraints as coffee cups or mugs.

Maybe Sally and Bob are in cahoots to drive me crazy. All I know is between Bob's antics, Sallys possession and moving I may lose my mind. You may soon see me wandering aimlessly through the streets muttering under my breath about coffee, computers and little tin soilders. Well I gotta go, I just set Sally going and I need to make sure that the coffee hasn't flown the coop yet.

No comments:

Twitter