Sep 12, 2005

I don't think I can handle the excitement.

Oh the excitement and buildup! They were telling us for weeks there was going to be a race on our streets and everyone was oh so excited! So the day of the great race come, and we all gather outside on our driveway to watched this wonderous exciting event take place. All along our street people could be seen sitting in chairs, with signs to cheer on their favorite cars. Rain couldn't dampen the excitement as people waited breathlessly for the cars to come. 1/2 hour after the event started, we saw the first car. In a flash a newly painted, sticker covered, brown station wagon was gone and we turned our heads to wait for the next car. We waited. We waited. We waited some more and then 4 minutes later a lovely blue voltswagon came zooming by. 6 minutes later an ugly concoction that looks something like a pickup truck crossed with a 1979 chevrolet makes its way past our house. THIS is the exciting event that we have been waiting for??? 2 hours of random cars driving by really fast. That is all. I don't know what I was expecting. But this was NOT it. I guess I expected a bunch of cars to come racing by at breakneck speeds each vying for their corner of the road. But this was more like a leisurely Sunday Afternoon drive through the country on Speed. Normal cars driving a little too fast past our house? How is that any different than any other day. The way I figure it, if they were going to close the roads when fast drivers were going down our road they should close it every day between 4 and 6! Anyway I guess I am not a guy and I just don't have the testosterone levels to understand this event. I'm going to go get some coffee and laugh at the silly idiots that are still sitting out there in the rain waiting for some idiot car to drive by really fast.

No comments:

Twitter