Jan 25, 2012

Leftover Rice Pudding

For about 6 months, I posted on another blog.  This a post that was copied from that blog.  I used different names for the family.  Just so you know the names were as follows:

Prince Charming - Wandering Aengus
Princess Belle - Lilly
Princess Magpie - Rose
Princess Snifflefritz - Lotus
Little Prince - Reed


I had leftover rice in the fridge and I thought it would be nice to come up with some kind of rice pudding for breakfast for the girls.  So I kind of winged it a bit and here is what I came up with:

Leftover Rice Pudding

Measurements are Approximate:
4 cups of rice
2 cups of milk (soy milk, almond milk, or other milks would work here as well)
2 Tbsp butter
6 Tbsp brown sugar
cinnamon to taste
raisins and dried cranberries
2 eggs

I cooked it on the stove until it got thick and lovely and then put it in the fridge to cool just a little for the girls to enjoy. I put a little syrup on it for them before serving and it was a really yummy!

No comments:

Twitter