Jan 16, 2012

Bread recipe

For about 6 months, I posted on another blog.  This a post that was copied from that blog.  I used different names for the family.  Just so you know the names were as follows:

Prince Charming - Wandering Aengus
Princess Belle - Lilly
Princess Magpie - Rose
Princess Snifflefritz - Lotus
Little Prince - Reed


I am making bread in my bread machine tonight.  I am trying a new basic recipe.  Here is the one I am trying (I do have to split it in half to fit my machine.:

Basic White Bread
Ingredients:
1-1/3 cups water
2 tablespoons vegan margarine
2 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons sugar
4 cups flour
1-1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast

Preparation:
Place ingredients in bread pan in order listed or according to manufacturer’s directions. When adding the yeast last, make a small well with your finger to place the yeast. This will insure the proper timing of the yeast reaction. Use basic (standard), rapid, timed cycles or according to manufacturer’s directions. Makes a 2 pound loaf.

No comments:

Twitter