Aug 9, 2011

Failure and yummy recipe

Just so you know, I utterly failed in my attempt to give up coffee. I drink one cup of regular coffee every morning for breakfast and then decaf all the rest of the day. I wanted to give it up, I tried to give it up, but I couldn't. I will try again in the future.

Supper for my family last night was a GINORMOUS hit! It was bacon cheeseburger pasta and it was devoured by everyone from toddlers to daddy.

Bacon Cheeseburger Pasta

3 cups uncooked pasta
1 lb ground beef
6 strips bacon, diced (I used 1/2 a pack
2 can condensed tomato soup, undiluted
1 cup of pasta sauce
1 cup cheddar cheese (I probably used extra as at the minute I mixed some through the pasta and put some on top to melt)

Cook pasta according to directions on packages. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In the same skillet, cook bacon until crisp; remove with slotted spoon to paper towels. Discard drippings. Drain pasta; add to skillet. Add soup, beef and bacon, stir and heat through. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and cook until the cheese is melted. Serve with BBQ sauce and mustard if desired.


2 comments:

Justme said...

We make something similar and it is a great hit, especially with the kids. If you add green peppers, the kids say it tastes a lot like pizza...

Twisted Cinderella said...

LOL - Sounds good to me, but Prince Charming doesn't like green peppers.

Twitter