May 5, 2010

Where are those Gremlins Now?


Okay, so I have a question. On the days when our family hardly spend any time at all at home, why does my house get messier than if we lived in it all day?? We get up in the morning, get breakfast, get dressed and hit the ground running. We are gone all day, doing all sorts things. We get home late, have takeout for supper that we are having 4 hours late having and fall into bed exhausted. I get up in the morning and survey the disaster that seems to have stuck into my house in my absence. How is it possible? I wasn't even here!!

There are dishes in the sink, kids clothes on the couch, toys on the floor, packages from our trip scattered in various places around the house. I swear gremlins came out while I was sleeping and had a party celebrating Cinco De Mayo by scattering as much stuff around my house as they could.

I was out yesterday. And today, I have spent the entire day so far, putting away packages, throwing out junk, doing laundry, picking up toys (that the kids promptly scatter again), feeding the babies, and more with a booming headache. And if a friend dropped by right now, I would be ashamed for them to see my house. Now I know I am a bit of a clean freak and I have learned to let go of that, but the mess that this house is in at the moment leaves my inner clean freak twitching.

Well, I have to go fold laundry, wash dishes, clean my bathroom and feed my baby again. I swear, I am never leaving the house again!

1 comment:

Julie said...

You know... I have often wondered the same thing myself... In fact, I think I wrote a post very similar to this when my kids were little. *lol* ... Wonder if I can find it? ... Just a second...

Here it is!
http://scrapgrrl.com/2004/12/11/how-can-you-do-so-much-yet-so-little/

*lol*

Twitter