May 10, 2010

My Mother's day

Saturday night, Princess Belle let us know that she wanted Daddy's help to make me breakfast in bed for Mother's Day. So, before I went to bed, I layed out the fixings for how I like oatmeal and I got the coffee ready to go. She was so excited. At 6:30 in the morning (as soon as the sun was up) she was up and knocking on my door for Daddy to get up and help her make breakfast. Daddy informed her that we were both sleeping and I wasn't ready for breakfast yet. So, she trudged back to bed to wait. She was so cute, bouncing down the stairs bubbling over with excitement and then trudging impatiently back up the stairs (after having told me to forget that she had told me about her present so that I could be surprised). Several repeat conversations later, I was awake and ready for breakfast. I poked Prince Charming to get out of bed to help her and grumbling under his breath, he got up to help. I sat in bed, watching television, feeding Princess Snifflefritz, and listening to them bustling in the kitchen. It was very cute. In short order, Princess Belle burst into my room with a handful of artistic creations in her hand with Daddy following behind her, smiling (he was awake and cheerful now), and carrying my breakfast. So, I started my Mother's Day with Princess Snifflefritz laying beside me gurgling on the bed, and Princess Belle sitting at my feet chattering away, thrilled to have pulled off her "surprise" present.

Later, we decided to take Grandma Great out to lunch. We called her and headed over to take her out. She decided that she wasn't presentable enough and would rather have us go get lunch and visit at her place instead. Which we did. Along with the carnations that Prince Charming had gotten us both.

And another old picture I have discovered of Prince Charming with Princess Belle when she was a baby.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A great day for you indeed! Thanks for sharing your wonderful memories through photos. By the way, this personal defense for women like us might interest you. Thanks and more power!

Julie said...

Sounds like a wonderful Mother's Day!!!

Twitter