Jan 21, 2009

Shopping

It has been busy here the last couple of days. Today we had a meeting in the morning and then went shopping for Princess Belle's birthday afterwards. We are pretty excited about her birthday present. Usually, we find it hard to give her birthday she deserves as it so closely follows Christmas. But this year, we are determined to give her a proper birthday party.

We are having a party at McDonald's Playland (her choice) with about 6 or 7 people invited and today we picked out the perfect present for her. She is getting a big three story Barbie playhouse and a Ballerina Barbie. We were lucky enough to stumble on two of the playhouses for about 40% of the original price. By the time we left the store, they were sold out of the playhouses. Ballerina Barbie was only $5!! So I am loving the price and she will be so excited about her presents.

We were going to get her a Baby Alive Wets and Wiggles, which I know she would have loved. But I had this sudden image of her with this toy, playing with water and all the messes that water usually entails for her and had second thoughts.

We decided to limit her party to people she actually likes and plays with. I still have to send the invitations but at least the playroom is booked and the presents are bought.

Now tomorrow I am going up to the Mother Goose Program with Princess Mag-pie.

2 comments:

MammaDawg said...

Ooh... you got a good deal on the presents - awesome!! I bet she's gonna love her whole birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like she is going to have a great birthday!

My Mom would never allow me to have Baby Alive when I was a kid. *lol* My parents thought it would start smelling, because of the baby food thing.... But man, I always wanted it. *lol*

Twitter