Jan 14, 2009

Conversations with a six year old

Sometimes being the mom to a 6 year old (dont make me admit she is almost 7) is so much fun. I was making supper and Princess Belle was watching me as she often does (mostly looking for bits she can sneak to snack on when she thinks I am not looking). As I handled the bird, I took the little bag of bits out of the inside. This is the conversation that ensued:

Princess Belle: What is that? (a question I hear a lot when I am cooking)

Mom: That is a bag that has things like the heart and gizzards and such.

Princess Belle: THE HEART??? THEY HAVE THE HEART IN THERE???

Mom: Yes, they do. (as I calmly dump all the bits into the pan to add flavor to the gravy.

Princess Belle: EEWWWW DON'T PUT THAT IN THERE! ARE YOU GOING TO COOK THAT? (clearly very upset by this idea)

Mom: (trying hard not to laugh at this point) yes, I am.

Princess Belle: BUT IT HAS BLOOD IN IT!! EWW I AM NOT EATING THAT!

Mom: Don't worry there is no blood in here, they make sure of that before they bring the birds to the store.

Princess Belle: I AM NOT EATING THAT!

Mom: Well that's fine, you don't have too. (starting to giggle a little as I am getting a handful of stuffing to put inside the bird.)

Princess Belle: What are you going to do with that? (clearing becoming concerned again.)

Mom: I am going to put it inside here (pointing to the cavity in the bird)

Princess Belle: EEEWWWW!! WHY??? I AM NOT EATING THAT! (clearly completely disgusted, she tromps upstairs to be soothed by her Princess and the Diamond Castle Barbie)

Mom: (laughing out loud at this point)Well this is supper, so I guess you will be hungry.

An hour later, the smell of supper cooking starts to fill the house and Princess Belle comes down the stairs clearly not as traumatized as she would have us believe and asks if supper is ready yet, because it smells yummy.

It must be noted that while she did indeed not eat any of the bits from the bag, she has THREE helpings of the stuffing. LOL

3 comments:

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

Kids are so funny and entertaining! Can't wait until Jonathan starts talking even more...or can I? Hmmmmm..

Sorry I haven't been around lately. I think I've gotten a little overwhelmed in my reader and am going to start weeding out soon so I can keep up with my more regular blogs. Your little girls are soooo cute! They are growing so fast!

Thanks for the comments you've left on my blog. I love when you stop by and visit. I'll try to get over here more too.

Tasha said...

kids are so funny

Anonymous said...

*lol* ... I think I side with Belle. ;) ... That little bag gets TOSSED, and I make Joe fish it out, because I am NOT sticking my hand in THERE. *lol* ... And I can't stand the thought of stuffing a bird, so I make stove top stuffing. *lol*

Twitter