Feb 15, 2007

Thursday Thirteen

Thirteen Things about Twisted Cinderella
  1. I have decided that for the next little while in an effort to get my weight figured out. I am going to be counting the points for the food I eat.
  2. I am still eating vegetarian and I have discovered a few things I eat have more points than I thought. So this may help.
  3. Little Princess did not want to go to preschool today. I hope that this is just a stage I am not facing a future of 13 years of sending her off to school unhappy.
  4. I don't understand her issue. She is happy when she comes home ever day. I can only think that it must be separation as she has been this way ever since I started work and I can only hope it will improve now that I am home
  5. I have become a real homebody since leaving work. I went out to the store yesterday and realized that I couldn't remember the last time I left the house.
  6. I am going out today too. So that is something. I am not unhappy with it. I tend to want to hibernate in the winter. Being home allows me to dig in and take care of my house and my family and hibernate until the sun comes back.
  7. This feels like the longest winter ever. There is just so much snow and yucky stuff out there.
  8. I watched that movie, "The Break-up" yesterday. I wasn't that impressed. I didn't like the ending of the movie at all. But I do love Jennifer Anniston. I have her movie, "Picture Perfect" that I really enjoy.
  9. I love that when Prince Charming warned me that his next paycheque was going to be smaller, I could look at him and say, "That's okay, our bills are paid and we have lots of groceries. We will be fine."
  10. I have spent so many years bordering on completely broke and having just enough food to get from paycheque to paycheque, that having food in the house makes me feel safe and secure and happy.
  11. Being home is also allowing me to concentrate more on getting Little Princess to eat. I am thrilled that for the last two nights, she has eaten the same supper as her father!
  12. I watch this show, "Just One Bite" which has great ideas and tips for picky kids that I take away and try with Little Princess.
  • I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentines Day with the person they love. Little Princess and I made two giant heart shaped cookies with I love you written in chocolate chips on them. One was hers and one was for Prince Charming. It was cute and fun.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!






Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



12 comments:

Shelley said...

Hi TC! Great TT...I didn't know you weren't working anymore.

I have continuously been impressed with the veggie meals you make.

I liked The Break Up...thought it was cute.

My TT is up...come on by and visit!

Shannon said...

HAng in there. I'm sure Little Princess just wants to be with you!

Happy T13.

Mary said...

Great list! Yeah, sometimes kids go through those weird phases, my duaghter had a period where she didn't want to go to preschool because some girls were being mean to her. I hope your daughter feels better about it soon! Happy 13!

Kat said...

I keep telling my husband as long as we have food in the house life is good.
I babysit a girl about your duaf=ghters age and she doesn;t want to go to school either, her my said that all her kids went through that at this age.

Cory said...

Hopefully it won't be long before she is happy to head out again. And I love the cartoon you shared! I have a page-a-day calendar of those, but that one is really great!

Raggedy said...

What a wonderful post.
Terrific Thursday Thirteen!
My TT is posted.
Have a wonderful day!
Happy TT'ing!
*^_^
(=':'=)
(")_ (")Š
Raggedy

MeloMeals said...

Good luck with the WW.. I am right there with you on that!

aTxVegn said...

When I see how cold it is in the north, I'm so glad to be in Texas and try not to complain when it's 30 degrees. I don't blame you for not getting out.

I hope your little one is just going through a phase. There will probably be many more phases to come!

Anonymous said...

I love your TT header :) Somehow I managed to not get your new blog in my RSS reader and I was wondering why you weren't posting! lol! I'm glad I came to check, though, and now you're in my feed reader so I will know when you post :)

Emmy said...

We didn't care for the movie "The Break-Up" either...but at least we used a free rental coupon so we didn't have to pay to see it! LOL

Teena in Toronto said...

Nice to learn more about you :)

Mines up too :)

Marcia (MeeAugraphie) said...

I watch anything Jennifer is in. Our son started out liking things like green peppers, then wouldn't touch them, now, as an adult he eats healthier than most people I know. . So, there is hope.

Twitter