Feb 14, 2007

Happy Valentines Day!

Scroll down for Wordless Wednesday post!

Valentines Day

It is valentines day! Prince Charming bought me a present a couple of weeks ago, which I knew about but wasn't allowed to see. He put it at the end of the couch and left it there in a bag all this time. I would move it to clean and then put it back never once looking inside or shaking it to see what it was. Are you impressed with me? I am! Here is what he bought me:



I LOVE it! It plays "Wild Thing" when you press the little button on the stem. It really did make me laugh. It is so us, romantic, quirky, silly and fun.

Now Prince Charming is off to school and he tells me he will be late so don't worry about him. Little Princess is off to school and she complained the whole way until she found out they were going to have a party. Life continues as normal.

I am thinking of doing a little baking and making something kind of special tonight for him and Little Princess. It will just be something that won't ruin if it has to wait for him that's all. Maybe a nice supper and some heart shaped cookies or something similar.


For fun

This is just so much fun! You have to check to this out. LOL Cooking and this one is just impressive!

Diet and exercise

I had a rough day yesterday. I had a headache and did no exercising AT ALL! And then last night, I was sitting around the living room and I was STARVING! I couldn't fill myself up. I was craving chocolate and in my quest to fill the hole, I ate too much. It was all fairly healthy, but I have to admit that the last thing I ate was not vegan. It had milk solids in it. It did fill me up however. But that is the first time since I went vegetarian that I have been attacked that way. I am going to have to be better prepared to combat that kind of night. Maybe preparing something on plan and keeping it in the freezer to have in case of emergencies?


I have to say, my weight has been a real issue since going vegetarian. I am trying not to panic, I mean I am really really trying to eat well, and beyone yesterdays craving fest (which was the first since I have gone veg) I have been doing well. I don't know why my body is reacting this way. I don't know why weight is such an issue. The only thing I can think of is that I went from Atkins directly to vegetarian. My body must be reacting to the sudden influx of whole grains and such. I am not giving up on this way of life. I like how I feel. I just need to find a way to come to some sort of agreement with my body!



I think I am going to use Sparkpeople to help plan my meals and snacks for a little while to see if that helps.

On the upside, I did make a yummy stew with veggie broth, 3 small potatoes, 2 sweet potatoes, 1 small squash, 2 parsnips, 1 carrot, 1 onion, a few mushrooms and 1 cup of cooked lentils. It was really thick and creamy and yummy and I have lots of leftovers as well.




12 comments:

Kat said...

Happy Valentines Day!

Unknown said...

sparkpeople is great, i used it when i was being more diligent - they have some great community pages as well... :o)

i wouldn't worry to much about the gain, maybe you're body will just take a bit longer to adjust to this new way of eating... the veggie stew sounds yummy! :o)

Anonymous said...

What a lovely gift to be given. Happy Valentine's Day!

Cory said...

Happy Valentine's Day!!!!

Try not to worry to much about the weight. It takes time for your body to adjust to such a change in diet. It'll get it figured out and move in the right direction. Just be sure to get in as much activity as you can, even if it is just as simple as dancing around the room while folding towels!

Anonymous said...

Happy V-day. Your site keeps impriving each time I stop by. The rose was a lovely gift and YES I was impressed that you cleaned around it and did not look..... that would be to hard of a tempatation for me.

I am impressed with the pictures of you all... are you into renaissance kind of things?

Dori of the Bakehouse..... blogger won't give me the visual that I am supposed to verify.

Jade said...

Happy Valentine's Day!

It sounds like you maybe switched your diet too suddenly. I would recommend trying to eat fish & lean chicken occassionally for a week or two, and then slowly working your way off of meat products for good. Be kind to your body! It probably needs some time to adjust. Gradual changes are often best. Good luck! Vegetarianism is supposed to be one of the best diets for staying slim.

I really recommend eating black beans. They are really healthy (protein, iron, antioxidants, etc.) and they can even help stabilize blood sugar. (You might have been having problems with low-blood sugar after exercising, which explains why you didn't feel like you could fill up).

Twisted Cinderella said...

Yes, I am involved in a medieval group. I was introduced to it through my husband and it has been a source of a lot of fun and freinds for us.

These pics, however were taken in our backyard when we had a family medieval feast for fun this summer and dressed up and took pics.

Anonymous said...

Hey TC !

Thanks for your visit over to my blog !
Regarding weight, do you eat a lot of cheese ? I was a Cheese-vegetarian, a "Cheesaterian" and would not lose weight. When I cut the cheese and milk products and went vegan, I lost 30 pounds without effort LOL

I still have 25 pounds to lose though :p I gained something like 60 pounds each time I was pregnant (I wasn't veg at the time).

Great blog !
Thanks again !

Anonymous said...

you just keep switching it up!

Twisted Cinderella said...

I have been eating vegan and haven't been eating any dairy, cheese, milk, or eggs.

Melli said...

LOL! Love the flower! Too cute! Bet little princess loves it too!

The only thing I can think with the diet stuff -- maybe your eatin' too many carbs? That dish you mentioned above is LOADED with 'em... if you're eating a lot of similar stuff, you may be gettin' too many carbs. Might have to stick more to the green leafy stuff to actually LOSE... seems like the rules are the same for weight loss no matter WHAT kind of diet you live by! LOL!

Fantastagirl said...

Hope you had a great day!

Twitter