Nov 28, 2005

Woke up to Snow Covered Lawn

Isn't it funny how our views on things change as we get older. When I was a kid, I loved the first sign of snow. When I saw a snowflake, I saw sledding, snowmen, snowforts, and a clean slate waiting for me to jump in and create my own picture. Now that I am older, when I see snow, I see wet feet, cold fingers, shivering in the cold, cars getting stuck or worse ice causing accidents. But now that I have Little Princess, she brings me back to the wonder that is a new falling snowflake.

This morning, I looked out and saw that snow had fallen over night. It wasn't much but it had stayed. Little Princess looked out and saw the snow and was filled with glee, her response was, "Can I go make snow angels?" In one question she brought me back to my childhood memories of fun in the snow and the excitement of that first sight of falling snow.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have to drive a couple of hours to see snow, but it's gonna be fun when she's old enough! :) Thanks for sharing that.!

Anonymous said...

I look forward to the first snowfall every year. I feed off the children's excitement and it does bring you back to being a child loving the snow.

Of course, after the first snowfall, I'm over it, lol.

Anonymous said...

snow. wow, how i envy you. here i sit here in TX in the high 70's.

Anonymous said...

Though I was born in Txs and saw pictures of me in the snow my memory starts as I grew up in Florida
thus NO SNOW until 1989 when we had a freak snow me and my son went in it and yes I acted like a kid


then when I came to germany 7 years ago I got excited about snow

NOW I hate it... to cold and since my kids are grown and not with me NO fun

sigh*

Anonymous said...

i know, it's so great when you get to rediscover everything through your kids eyes. mine are almost getting over that age of the magic that comes with snow, but i'm hoping i'll have grandchildren eventually to bring it back into my life again.

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing that! IT made me feel good.

Anonymous said...

I have a love hate relationship with snow... I love it for the fun it brings with the kids, and hate it for the "fun" it brings with driving to work. I hope you made some prety cool snow angels this morning - your little princess will remember that for ages....

Anonymous said...

You lucky thing you! I would love to see some snow about now. I'll probably eat my words and have snow three feet deep all winter...heh.

Anonymous said...

I can never "get" into the snow thing. Must be from the years in Georgia, hardly ever get any.

Anonymous said...

Isn't it great how kids can give us a new and/or different perspective. I'm having that with Christmas. It's the first time my 18 month old is starting to understand something exciting is going on. It's bringing back the spirit of Christmas for me!

Hope she got to make lots of snow angels. :)

Anonymous said...

I've never seen real snow, and whenever I think about it... it just makes me cold! lol I hope your Little princess enjoyed making snow angels!

Twitter