Nov 21, 2005

How Strange

We have all heard the story how a girl will marry a man just like her father. So, I have a question? Do you notice any similarities between your prince charming and your father? I do notice that they both have similar personalities. Nothing scary, but they are both the kind of people who stand up for what they believe in and for those they feel need a White Knight. As a child, my father would sing to me constantly especially on long car rides. Prince Charming used to sing to me all the time, he has now graduated to singing to our Little Princess more. So I guess that tradition continues. They both have the kind of personality where they will talk to anyone and the kind of humurous personality that you either love them or you hate them there is no in between. So, I guess in the broad sense of the word, I did marry someone with some of the same personality traits as my father.

Now here is where it gets a little strange. Prince Charming is VERY close to his mother. I admire that relationship, I always have even when I worried that it may come before ours, I still was glad he was so close to her. The odd thing is that Grandma Great and I are just so similar. We have the same type of personality, we have the same type of cooking habits, we have similar healthy issues, we have the same likes and dislikes. I love her. She is the kindest, most loving, most tender person I know. But, make no wonder, I get along so well with her, she is an older version of myself. We have always lived far away from her until now, and I never realized just how similar we are. But every day, I discover something else we have in common. Make no wonder Prince Charming and I hardly ever have any fights he has been living with me all his life, I just wasn't there to know it. LOL. I don't mind. I love that I can be so close to his mother. I love that I can talk to her and that I have a ready-made friend in my MIL.

I just wonder if this is a phenomenon that anyone else has experienced. When they said that girls married a man like their father, did they mean the same thing for their sons? Do any of you have this feeling? Well all I can say is we may have the same personality but THANK GOD, she got Grandpa Grumpy and I got Prince Charming.

No comments:

Twitter