Nov 6, 2005

Why I am a freak. (or at least todays reason)

Do you get nervous when you cook for your family? Do you cook for your family? I was utterly terrified when my parents were coming and one of the reasons why was that I would have to cook for them. Over the years since I have been out on my own, I have succintly avoided cooking but I knew that this time, I would have to bite the bullet. My mom is a fabulous cook and I can in no way compare to the kind of cooking she does. She makes these 5 course wonder meals that leave you coming back for 4ths and 5ths with mouth watering speed. My great talent in the kitchen is that I can look into an apparently bare kitchen and produce something yummy to eat in 30 minutes or less. I have a talent that impresses the ranks of my unable to cook friends. My talents are not up to impressing chefs and kitchens wizards. This time, however, I seem to be holding my own. Yesterday, I made my shortcut chicken teriyaki (which is yummy even if I can't spell it). Today, I made an easy yummy recipe, roast beef and vegetables. Tomorrow is Chili and after that I think they are leaving. They have to, I am running out of recipes to impress them with.

No comments:

Twitter