May 15, 2011

Sunday Sum-up


Not a bad day today. I puttered away getting things done. The house is starting to look better with all those boxes jammed into my tiny storage space. I will get to the rest when I figure out what to do with them. In the meantime, I have organzed things. The babies' room looks sweet with their Winnie the Pooh stuff and the Anne Geddes Pics I have up. Princess Belle's room looks so young adult and a LOT less child-like (which she loves). In the long run, I am going to try to come up with a nice light colored, girly, frilly bedspread and curtains for her. She loves that. I actually would like that for all the girls. I would like to move away from characters for their rooms and I really like girly and frilly and white and an accent or pink or something for little girls.

Tonight for supper for the family, I tried something new. I made a kind of Chili Pasta. It turned out really well. For me, I cooked some pasta and a vegetarian sauce.

For the Chili Pasta, I started out like I was going to make a pot of chili. I cooked browned some ground beef and then simmered it in about 2 cups of beef broth with 3 tablespoons of chili powder and some garlic powder. After it had simmered for a few minutes, I added about 1 Tablespoon of Cornmeal. When it had started to thicken, I added 1 large can of tomato sauce (although homemade would be fabulous here). After the sauce was heated through and all the flavors had come together, I stirred in an appropriate amount of a short cut pasta so that there was LOTS of sauce to pasta. It was a big hit with the family.

No comments:

Twitter