May 5, 2011

Small World

What a wonderfully small world this really is! Today the local homeschoolers (TEACH) had put on a Creativity Fair and seeing as how the local homeschoolers played a big part in our decision to move here, I was really excited to take the family. It was fun to meet so many homeschoolers and when I mentioned to someone that my daughter was a high-functioning Autistic (Aspergers), she introduced me to another mother there who has a little boy who has the same diagnosis. I had a fun time chatting with her and when we decided to trade contact information, we came to realize that we read each other's blogs!! I was really excited to put a face to the voice behind: My Yellow Apple. And I found out that there is a smaller group within the larger group of homeschoolers who are parents of special needs children and now I get to make contact with them too. It is so nice not to feel like I am in this alone anymore!

2 comments:

Beepnz said...

I am so happy you found some peeps!!

Jacqueline said...

I'm so happy for you!

Twitter