Mar 25, 2011

Friday Five

  1. We got good news! Prince Charming has the job and they are willing to hold it so we can make arrangements to move. I am really excited about it. He is coming home tomorrow so we can start to make plans. I am almost as excited simply to have him back. I miss adult conversation. I spend way to much time on-line when he is gone. I guess without him around, I need the mental stimulation. I also haven't been out of the house since he left and these walls are beginning to close in on me.
  2. I am proud of the fact that despite being just me and the girls the last couple of days, I have managed to keep on top of the housework. The house is tidy, the laundry is done and the dishes are done, the one thing I have found is that I eat too much when he is gone. I guess it is comfort eating.
  3. The girls are doing fine. They have enjoyed the little extra things I have been doing with them, popcorn and shows, simple kids dinners, cuddles and tickles, just little things that they enjoy.
  4. We are actually having a snow storm today!!! Didn't anyone tell the weatherman it was SPRING??? I am so done with snow. I am glad to be moving in the Spring though. St. John's is a great place to live in the summer.
  5. I thought for a quick treat I would make the Princess's some cake:
Easy Microwave Chocolate Cake
Servings: 2
Ingredients:
3 tablespoons butter, softened
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 pinch salt
Directions:
1. Spray a medium microwave-safe bowl with non-stick spray and set aside. In a mixing bowl, combine the butter, sugar, egg, vanilla extract, and milk; blend together. Combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt; blend into the mixture until smooth. Pour into greased bowl.
2. Cover and cook in the microwave on high for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes, or until cake springs back when touched. Since all microwaves cook differently, adjust the cooking time to accommodate your machine. To serve, let the cake cool five minutes, then cover the bowl with a plate and turn both bowl and plate upside down so the cake falls onto the plate.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Congrats on DH getting the job! That's awesome!!!!

http://scrapgrrl.com/

Unknown said...

it's hard having your spouse gone all the time. mine works out of town all week, and it's been about 5-6 months now. i'm finding myself having days where i don't get out of my pj's and we only eat cereal all day. not good!

Twitter