Mar 7, 2011

Monday Morning Mumblings


Well my girls woke me up three times last night but they did at least sleep past 6 this morning, so that was a little perk. I swear I would pay good money to find a way to get these girls to let me sleep!

In homeschooling today we are going start out new Canadian Geography/History unit. We are starting with the Canadian Flag, where it came from, what it means and as an art project we are going to make a handprint Canadian flag. That should be fun.

Princess Snifflefritz is changing so much these days. She is trying to hard to learn to get around more and more, to chase her sisters around. LOL She is filling out and growing taller too. I LOVE her hair. She has a head of messy, curly, hair with a mind of it's own, but it makes me happy to run my fingers through it. She has learned a new word too, it just makes me giggle to see her emphatically say, "Snack!" with her little tongue stuck out between her teeth.

I ran out of cornmeal yesterday and made biscuits in stead. They turned out really well and Prince Charming was a HUGE fan. I even cut back on the fat in them and he liked the texture of them a LOT and they went really well with the casserole which was a big hit.

Today I am making bread after homeschool. I am also going to take some of the dough and make pizza with it. It should be fun and yummy.

Reduced fat Sweet Biscuits

Servings: 18

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup shortening (I used half margarine and half applesauce)
1 cup water
3/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds

Directions:
In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly. Stir water into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in coconut and seeds. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 425 degrees F for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.

2 comments:

Julie said...

That flag craft sounds fun! :)

http://scrapgrrl.com/

Kelley said...

My son is the same way! On weekends I cant get him to sleep and on weekdays, I cant get him up. LOL.

Have a great week!

Twitter