Mar 23, 2011

Not So Wordless Wednesday

I am a sucker for Princess Snifflefritz in her little diaper and shirts. I just love her adorable little legs coming out of that big old diaper. She is just so sweet as she tries to make her way around the room. I can't help but grin at her as I watch her wobbly walk.


I am a little lost without Prince Charming, but we are doing okay. His job interview is today. I hope he gets it! I really want some answers soon. The best thing is that we have friends there. We have contacts there already. I would love to see some of them again. I would love to be settled there again. We lived there for four years in the same house, in the same neighbourhood. We liked it there.

I am thinking that Princess Magpie is ready to potty train, but I am so NOT ready for that step. Isn't that funny. It is the one part of mommyhood I get nervous about. I could really use any advice that any of you mommy's out there have.

She was really industrious yesterday. She emptied out the bin that all of the girls toys are in and she dragged it into the living room and after using it as a car, a table, and a stool, she then made a bed in it.



Since Prince Charming has gone for a few days, I am making an easy dinner for the girls. I am making Ground Beef and Macaroni Cheese.

MACARONI, GROUND BEEF & CHEESE CASSEROLE

1 sm. pkg. elbow macaroni, cooked
1 1/2 lbs. lean ground beef
1 can tomato
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 1/2 c. grated cheddar cheese
1 med. bell pepper, chopped
1 lg. onion, diced

Brown meat and pour off the fat, saute onion and pepper. In large baking dish combine meat, cooked macaroni, onion, bell pepper, seasonings and tomatoes. Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Uncover and top with grated cheese. Bake an additional 15 minutes. Serves 6.

I a decided to make something different for my dinner. I need to get healthy again. I haven't been eating that well lately, but stress is no reason to screw up all this weight I have lost. So, my supper tonight is Taco Rice. I can eat the leftovers over the next couple of days.

Vegetarian Taco Rice

2-Cans Low Sodium Canned Yellow Sweet Corn
6-Cups Brown Rice
1-Packet Taco Seasoning
1-Bottle Ortega Taco Sauce (Mild, Medium, or Hot)
1-Can Black Beans (Low Sodium if possible)
Hot Sauce as wanted...

Directions
Combine packet of Taco Seasoning, Corn and Beans in separate pans to rice in large bowl. Stir in 1 bottle of Taco Sauce. (I will probably add salsa since I have some in my fridge.) Heat through.

Serving Size: Makes 9 1-cup servings, or 18 1/2 cup servings

2 comments:

Julie said...

I never liked potty training, and with the younger three I put it off as long as I could. *lol* I put Amanda's training off so long, she trained herself. *rofl* ... THAT'S the way to go! ;)

http://scrapgrrl.com/

Julie said...

I loved the shirt and diaper look as well. SO sweet. Abby and I just went through this potty training thing. Well, still going through it but I call her day trained at least. lol
I let her run around half naked for three days and reminded her to tell me when she had to go (taking her often anyway) by the end of the third day she was telling me when she had to go and has gotten better from there. Good luck!

Twitter