Jul 13, 2009

Not Me Monday


Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

I absolutely DID NOT realize that I was out of coffee filters and decide that that was the perfect reason to take my girls down to Tim Hortons this morning. I would never feed my girls those little balls of fat and sugar! I only feed them healthy food all the time. I do not have a cupboard specifically dedicated to the various types of sugary goodness I feed my girls. Nope, Not Me!

I am certainly NOT sitting here waiting for Princess Magpie to wake up from her nap so that we can head out for my coffee, for a lovely walk with my girls. Nope, Not Me!

I am NOT so anxious for my coffee that I am considering cleaning my kitchen VERY LOUDLY so that if Princess Magpie should happen to wake up, we can go! Nope Not Me! (I wonder what Tim Horton's decaf tasts like?)

I DID NOT go upstairs to tell Princess Belle I had made her cinnamon toast for her breakfast, smell and see her pee'd in bed, feel my pregnant stomach to a flip and close the door and decide to change it later. I would never leave that awful mess on her bed. Nope, Not Me!

I DO NOT think that the fact that she has only pee'd her bed a few times this month is a victory. She is seven years old and shouldn't be peeing the bed at all. And knowing that, I am certainly not sharing our failures with the entire blogging community. I would never do such an undignified thing! Nope, Not Me! (seriously, is there such a thing as a loving, fun, hands on, involved, firm, and still dignified mommy? When I think of all the diapers, sickness, dirty noses, and muddy clothes, I don't think I can be all of that at once.)

When Princess Magpie woke me up at 5 this morning I DID NOT feed her and then place her to play in her playpen while I slept beside her. I would never do that. My girl deserves my undivide attention even at some ungodly hour when I would rather be giving my attention to the back of my eyelids. Nope, Not Me!

3 comments:

Della said...

Mmmmmmmm.... Donuts.

This is my first visit to your site for some reason (although I could swear I remember clicking through the NMM link before - I recognized the name...) and I just have to say I love the name Princess Magpie! My dad would love it too... and be jealous he didn't think of it.

And frankly, even at 31 weeks pregnant and past the worst of the smell sensitivity and nausea, I might have left the pee smell for later in the day, too.

Happy Monday!

annies home said...

any excuse sounds like a great excuse to eat something so sinful

Julie said...

Amanda still pees at night... But I don't want to deal with the mess, so she has to wear pullups to bed. *lol*

Twitter