Jul 14, 2009

I finally have one!

When I was a teenager, I used to make the bread for my family. I would make a big batch of white and a big batch of whole wheat and we would freeze it for the week. (We ate a LOT of bread). After I moved out, I think I made maybe a half a dozen batches at the very most. It is just so much mess! For years, I have been longing for a bread maker. Something to allow me the luxury of a nice warm slice of bread without the mess and work of making it by hand. And then my lovely neighbour gave me her breadmaker!!!! I am so thrilled. I have never used one before and I would love to hear from anyone who has. What is your favorite recipe? How do you use yours? I am such a mom to be soooo excited by a kitchen appliance but there you go. I am going to sing it from the rooftops, "I HAVE A BREADMAKER!!! WOOHOO!!"

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I used to use my break maker every single sunday to go with our sunday meal. but lately we've been having pizza after church.

my fav recipe came with it. but my second favorite had sun dried tomatoes and olives and some cheese. It was so good...cant remember what it was called.

I havent found a good cookbook so I'll be watching this post.

Heather said...

My mom has some nice recipies for her bread maker, including a yummy flax bread!

I'll get some recipies from her and send you an email :)

St. John's in two and a half weeks!!! Can't wait to see you!

Momma@Live. Laugh. Pull your hair out said...

Mmmmmmmmmm bread. Hubby wants a bread maker but I just know I would eat too much of it

Julie said...

My brother had one (when we all lived together, before I was married) and he used it ALL THE TIME... Never thought of getting one myself, but now that I think about it... It sounds like a good idea to me. *lol*

Congrats!

http://scrapgrrl.com

Twitter