Oct 19, 2008

Sunday Stuff

Yesterday evening, Princess Mag-pie had a particularly rough evening. She was cranky and crying a lot. I didn't get frustrated, I just did what I could to make her feel better. And later, when she was sleeping in my arms, I looked down at her beautiful face, I felt her little body breathing against my chest, I saw her lashes resting on her little chubby cheeks and I remembered how long I have waited for her. I thought of all those five years of waiting for a baby like her and I was overwhelmed with the love I feel for her. I just sat there on the couch, holding her, with tears streaming down my cheeks as I remembered just how lucky I am to have this beautiful girl to watch over as she grows up to bring almost as much joy to the rest of the world as she brings to mine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a special moment!!!

Anonymous said...

What an absolutely beautiful baby you have.

Twitter